support Samsung's ultra powersave

kostas

7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I suspect PA would not play well with an ultra powersave option, if anything it should be omitted from such a feature as it could prevent background playback from working (especially when the screen is off).

Andre

even if you allow background data even on powersave? :o

• 5 months later...
On 3/29/2019 at 12:31 AM, NickIst said:

I don't see much sense in that function, I turned on that function when I had very low battery charge and I needed to be in touch

Well, what if you go on a trip and you want to preserve your battery life and listening to music the same time? Phone battery is essential these days. 

I suspect that having your phone on continuously playing music would not be friendly to any ultra-powersaving mode - the point of which would be to prevent background apps from functioning when the phone is asleep. However if you set Poweramp as an exception which the phone is not allowed to block, then I think that ought to work.

Andre

20 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I suspect that having your phone on continuously playing music would not be friendly to any ultra-powersaving mode - the point of which would be to prevent background apps from functioning when the phone is asleep. However if you set Poweramp as an exception which the phone is not allowed to block, then I think that ought to work.

Andre

I have already done that so that no optimazing battery closes it on bg if I listen to music. However on Samsung ultra powersave mode you select which apps you want to use. But Poweramp doesn't support it and it is not listed. Samsung music player is supported tho and it works on ultra powersave. But you know Poweramp is way better music player. Even Facebook & messenger work in ultra powersave XD but if you have open screen & Facebook & data powersaving doesn't do much. But I believe Poweramp could be listed there and work pretty well tho and with closed screen I would no longer worry about  battery drain on my trips.

Screenshot_20190913-112737_Launcher.jpg

Screenshot_20190913-112747_Launcher.jpg

it's possible to use Poweramp in the ultra power saving mode if you have a rooted phone, i did it and it didn't work because the music stopped playing every time the screen went off. i think this mode just prevents every app from running in the background

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, I'm assuming there is a clue in the word "ultra", that it blocks any background tasks during deep sleep. I would have thought that's rather the point of that mode.

Andre

On 9/12/2019 at 3:02 PM, andrewilley said:

Andre

But the weird thing is that samsung music (downloadable from playstore and galaxy apps) works on ultra power wave. Did they add an exception on their app somehow? (android pie) 

Archived