Reverb and channel ballance to be saved with devices

01x
Go to solution Solved by Lexy,

@andrewilley yes, this request can be combined with other preset assignment requests regarding DSP options, such as tempo, compressor (for PEQ), balance, etc.

But from my experience, when one preset has a number of options, and other presets don't - this confuses a lot as some presets apply options which are not overridden by other presets. That was a problem with tone - now presets always apply tone, previously tone could be saved in preset.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 3:00 PM, maxmp said:

@andrewilley yes, this request can be combined with other preset assignment requests regarding DSP options, such as tempo, compressor (for PEQ), balance, etc.

But from my experience, when one preset has a number of options, and other presets don't - this confuses a lot as some presets apply options which are not overridden by other presets. That was a problem with tone - now presets always apply tone, previously tone could be saved in preset.

Hi new user here, I was going to ask:

Can the Reverb and the in-settings of Tone (set bass/treble frequencies and q factors) be saved with the equalizer/dsp presets?

Except on a "nightmode" preset, I don't mess with the equalizer frequencies, just 'tone', reduced loudness, and a little custom reverb. I do the same with with an older device using ViPER4Android. But, not all sound systems would benefit using the same settings of tone bass/treble frequencies and q factors...

Thank for the answer, glad I searched :)

@Lexy it can't be saved now. There is some blocking logical issue on this, so if you want this feature, what would you choose:

1. all presets then should apply some reverb and other DSP settings to be applied all the time. Built in presets (unless changed by user) then force apply no reverb, no DSP, and other knobs to 0.

2. some (e.g. user saved) presets may contain reverb and other DSP settings, but then other (equalizer+tone one built in/default presets) just do not change the reverb or DSP settings, which were probably applied by the previous user preset.

Thanks!

What about the possibility of some tickboxes in the Save dialogue, in the same way that the Settings Export/Import works. So you could choose what individual elements (such as EQ, Tone, Balance, Tempo, StereoX, Reverb) you want to save to a Preset? Restore has less need of a selector though, as most people want that action to be a quick-tap selection. Anything that hadn't been saved in a Preset should thus be left alone when activating that Preset. 

Andre

@maxmp Selecting A would apply reverb/etc as per its saved values. But subsequently selecting B would only apply the options that were chosen when B was first saved, thus leaving everything else untouched (so reverb would stay as per the settings created by A). If you wanted Reverb to be forced back to default (or turned off) you would chose that when creating and saving Preset B in the first place.

Andre

Hi:

I'll prefer if presets by default do not auto-save, if the user wants auto-save enabled, show a notice of this feature. Or auto-save function presets name format can be user-preset-autosaved without altering the manually saved. Hence presets created by the user when loaded are always how it was manually saved, user presets cannot be modified by temporary changes unless saved manually or the user enables auto-save. If the user wants to create a modified version of a built-in preset, a new one with a new name has to be created. If presets contain all modified DSP changes, including "set bass/treble frequencies and q factors" and reverb, we can truly customize each audio system for its room environment at its best. Also, manually saved or built-in presets when loaded should not contain any temporary DSP changes, only what was saved.

I do not understand the technical maze of Poweramp when saving/loading DSP settings, so it is just a suggestion of wanting all DSP changes saved and loaded on its presets. In no way I'm demanding to complicate the app. I do feel andrewilley understand my suggestion, and you maxmp are concern on the technical side if it can be implemented without complications.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...