Pro buttons and Dark Skin settings won't save on my new phone (s23)

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

I've had the same Poweramp setup for the past 6 years on my Moto G5, dark skin, pro buttons, shuffle categories so I can skip to a random album.

Now on my Galaxy S23 (base model), on every launch I only see the single big play button, and the skin is always light. I use the skin labeled 'dark, built-in'.

If I go into settings, Pro buttons is toggled on, and dark skin is toggled on. Each time I launch the app, I have to go to settings, look and feel, skin, toggle pro buttons off and on, and that fixes both the pro buttons and dark skin.

The strange thing is, it does remember that I want to shuffle my categories, and my EQ settings.

• Solution

Did you do a clean install of PA and then import your backed up Settings from your previous device? Could be some corruption in the settings file, so maybe try a completely clean install (no settings) and change just the Skin settings for Pro Buttons, and see if that then sticks. Changing Shuffle mode is easy, just tap the icon on the Player screen.

Andre

Posted (edited)

I did not import any settings (in general when moving phones, and specifically for Poweramp, I didn't import anything). I installed the app and the activation/unlocker, then on my first launch looked around for settings to get my old look back.

I'll try removing and reinstalling the whole app. I don't think I tried that yet.

Edit: I reinstalled the app and unlocker, and it defaulted to dark pro buttons. Settings stay saved after closing. Now I feel dumb for not trying one of the most basic steps.

One thing that it does now, that I don't like compared to before the reinstall, is that when I tap 'close all apps' on my phone, Poweramp will keep playing in the notifications screen. Before, it would close the app completely.

Although, on my old phone it also kept playing, so there is probably a link there to the settings not saving properly when it closed like that.

Edited by Storky
fix worked

1 hour ago, Storky said:

One thing that it does now, that I don't like compared to before the reinstall, is that when I tap 'close all apps' on my phone, Poweramp will keep playing in the notifications screen. Before, it would close the app completely.

The app interface will be closed when you Close All Apps, however audio playback is maintained by a background service that does not need the app interface to be present. That is by design.

The media player item in the notification area just indicates that something is playing, if you stop playback it will disappear. It's an Android thing. 

You can try Importing Settings now if you like, there are tickboxes for each type of feature so you don't need to import everything at once. If something breaks, just re-install again and make those particular changes manually next time.

Andre 

5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The app interface will be closed when you Close All Apps, however audio playback is maintained by a background service that does not need the app interface to be present. That is by design.

Before reinstalling, something must have been very wrong because it stopped playback and closed the app completely, including the notification.

I didn't export any settings, since I didn't ever really customize anything. Not sure if the dark+pro buttons just happened to be default now, or it remembered some settings anyway.

But not matter, it's fixed and working how I wanted it now, so thanks!