Loudspeaker preset turns EQU and TONE off

Novak

The EQ preset that I tied to phone loudspeaker turns EQU and TONE off by itself, the LIMIT stays on. I don't know what causes it and when exactly does it happen, but it pisses me off because I have to turn these on manually every time I want to play music on the loudspeaker. This didn't happen before 820 I believe. I am using dark default skin for Poweramp, on my Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.

Screenshot_20190318-093834.png

5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

If it's an older EQ setting brought over from v2, try clearing and then re-saving it.

Andre

No it is not. I tried reinstalling, clearing data, making new & different presets - same results. But only for loudspeaker - headphones and BT speaker don't have the same problem.

34 minutes ago, Novak said:

I tried reinstalling, clearing data, making new & different presets - same results.

Since V3 the TONE settings are included in the EQ presets - you had TONE activated and set to the desired values when saving the EQ preset ?

13 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Since V3 the TONE settings are included in the EQ presets - you had TONE activated and set to the desired values when saving the EQ preset ?

Please refer to this video https://streamable.com/gg4ju    - everything that I did/do is shown. And yes, of course, as you will be able to see in the video, I had them activated every time, and also at the time of making the preset. 

On 3/18/2019 at 10:38 AM, blaubär said:

So, nothing? Oh, and by the way, the gapless never works, and never has, at least for me. I don't know why (not one version has worked with any of my phones or songs, and I had Xperia M, Axon 7 Mini, and now A2 Lite), so I've always had to use crossfade.

22 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Are your files actually gapless? Have you tried increasing the gapless pre-load buffer?

Andre

Mostly they all are, but not all of them. No I haven't. But anyway, this is not such a big deal for me, the EQU and TONE turning off is way worse.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, am a new registered user having lurked for several years having used Poweramp some years. Just wanted to inform that I too am having the same problem, tested it just now today. The loudspeaker preset turns EQU and TONE off by itself and needs to be manually turned on every time I want to play music on the loudspeaker. Headphones does not have the same problem, EQ and TONE are default enabled there in my experience. Hope this is something that you, @maxmp are able to fix in a future update. Thanks.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Android 9 (Pie), using Poweramp v3 build 823 full version

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this issue is among those fixed/resolved in the bug-fixes in PA builds 824-826? I am still using PA build 823, where this issue is present on my phone, waiting for a stable new PA build to be posted at Google Play.

Settings / Audio / Output / <Active output> / Speaker / No Equ/Tone (switch OFF).

For Samsung @ Pie this is default setting as there is no enough dynamic range for speaker, no proper speaker DVC support, so equalizer for speaker is mostly pointless.

Archived