Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have all my music on an SD card and when I uninstalled everything and installed 790 fresh, it seems it couldn't scan that folder.  I had to reinstall 704 and then 790 over it to get the SD card recognized.  I've since added another song.  Is there any way to get it to scan the SD card or just have to wait for folders to be fixed?

1 hour ago, dumahim said:

I have all my music on an SD card and when I uninstalled everything and installed 790 fresh, it seems it couldn't scan that folder.  I had to reinstall 704 and then 790 over it to get the SD card recognized.  I've since added another song.  Is there any way to get it to scan the SD card or just have to wait for folders to be fixed?

Is auto-scan on in settings? I have my music on my SD card and it picks up new songs with no problem. 

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

It seems to be that applying a new downloaded cover image updates the whole album, rather than just the track, I've been able to replicate that now. This was something that had been requested for a while (as Poweramp refers to Album artwork rather than song artwork, it saves having to download artwork track by track for a whole album) but I agree that if it's by design it perhaps ought to be an option.  Delete Album Art Cache does not clear it either, which seems odd.

Andre

All these album arts are emeded with song,they are not downloaded by Poweramp...i installed Poweramp from from playstore it shows different album art for individual songs although in player screen only...but in new 790 it shows one album art for each song.........mean while i edited the tags manually and give different genire to different songs now Poweramp is showing different album arts

photo_2018-05-08_09-52-14.jpg

6 hours ago, DarkNeo6 said:

So I like the new look. But the title of the song / artist / album climbs onto the album cover. Please correct this in the final version. I sometimes want to look at the cover of the album normally. And these names cover everything. Can move them down

+1 Correct this please

31 minutes ago, GuilhermeBds said:

Why the OpenSL ES HD Doesn't work on my Samsung Galaxy J5 2015?

Does the J5 actually have high-resolution capability? I can't find confirmation with a quick Google search (although it's really difficult to confirm as very few sites bother to mention high-res audio in specs)

Andre

2 hours ago, Asim said:

All these album arts are emeded with song,they are not downloaded by Poweramp...

I found that worked fine for me, and all covers in an album displayed differently where the embedded art was different. Until I tried to download new art for one song in PA. In that case, the new art was applied to the whole album not just the song. I think this behaviour is good (it has been an often requested feature after all) but personally I think it should be optional - i.e. when you download & choose new cover art for one song, PA should prompt you to see if you also want to use it for all the other songs in the same album, not apply it automatically.

Andre

happens to others that they can not raise and lower the volume from the headset (wired) buttons if the screen is not on? the only solution is to set in the menu of my phone "wake up device with the volume keys"

the change track from headset instead works well

42 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Does the J5 actually have high-resolution capability? I can't find confirmation with a quick Google search (although it's really difficult to confirm as very few sites bother to mention high-res audio in specs)

Andre

Oh man, this is so bad for me.. I think the J5 dont have high-resolution capability cause it is "old" :(

15 minutes ago, GuilhermeBds said:

Oh man, this is so bad for me.. I think the J5 dont have high-resolution capability cause it is "old" :(

I owned it until a few months ago, and the hi-res was not supported with the 704. sorry

On Nubia z7 Max with Android 5.1 at startup the application crashes with an error (application stopped). On Nubia z7 mini with Android 7.1, the application starts up and works fine. In both cases, the application was installed on previous version of the alpha build 703.

8 hours ago, DarkNeo6 said:

So I like the new look. But the title of the song / artist / album climbs onto the album cover. Please correct this in the final version. I sometimes want to look at the cover of the album normally. And these names cover everything. Can move them down.

So many people have commented on this being an issue for them that I think I'll set up a poll to gauge what people would prefer. Max hasn't asked me to do this, so the results won't be binding, but at least it will be an indication of what the users want.

Andre

57 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I found that worked fine for me, and all covers in an album displayed differently where the embedded art was different. Until I tried to download new art for one song in PA. In that case, the new art was applied to the whole album not just the song. I think this behaviour is good (it has been an often requested feature after all) but personally I think it should be optional - i.e. when you download & choose new cover art for one song, PA should prompt you to see if you also want to use it for all the other songs in the same album, not apply it automatically.

AndreI think it should be optional -. when you download & choose new cover art for one song, PA should prompt you to see if you also want to use it for all the other songs in the same album, not apply it automatically.

I think it should be optional - i.e. when you download & choose new cover art for one song, PA should prompt you to see if you also want to use it for all the other songs in the same album, not apply it automatically.

please contact max mp about this..

Hi, so I finally registered here to say good job and I found some things to improve

1. bottom bar is too white, add some transparency to it

2. tags are ruining album art, place them where meta is

3. in EQ add some dots between knobs to see where is center

4. possibility to go backward in lockscreen

5. access to Poweramp from widget doesnt work

OK, poll created. Here's your chance to say whether you love the way the Title/Artist/Album wording is currently displayed in black boxes overlaid over the album artwork, or if you'd like it displayed in some other way. I think I've covered all the variants that have been discussed in this thread already, so please vote away now!

Max hasn't asked me to do this by the way, so the results won't be in any way binding, but at least it will be an indication of what the userbase wants . Maybe the majority are happy just the way it is?

Andre

36 minutes ago, BROKEN said:

Why is this even an issue? Are people staring at the player while listening to music?

I guess those who want the "keep-screen-on" feature to work (it seems to be broken in 790) do. I suspect this is more for those folks who are using tablets or a large phone to drive a home system or using as a car audio player, rather than people just listening to a phone via a headset. Place your vote anyway for keeping the status quo if you want, that's what the poll is for. [Edit, ah I see you have! :) ]

Andre

12 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I guess those who want the "keep-screen-on" feature to work (it seems to be broken in 790) do. I suspect this is more for those folks who are using tablets or a large phone to drive a home system or using as a car audio player, rather than people just listening to a phone via a headset. Place your vote anyway for keeping the status quo if you want, that's what the poll is for. [Edit, ah I see you have! :) ]

Andre

Ahhhhhh ok. I never thought of that.

On 30. 4. 2018 at 6:28 AM, maxmp said:

drag more for category change (applies also to the bottom miniplayer)

Is this supposed to replace the up and down gestures? How do i do that? I tried dragging the albumart just about everywhere.

I just discovered a strange issue today it happens twice I can't give log because I'm not rooted but I know how to reproduce this issue.

If I backplayer ex, rocket player  trun on the android equaliser leave it as it is then launch Poweramp start playing music it sounds so low it feels like some hissing noise along with little bit of highs coming out from the earphones also from the device speaker at the same time if I reboot my device everything went fine & sound normal.

The device I'm using is Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon version running stock miui 9.5 not rooted

Poweramp hi res out put working flawlessly also the open sl hi res out put working just fine

Please note the issue I'm telling is happening only if I use Poweramps experimental hi res feature not happening with open sl out put.

One thing I also wanted to mention that even if I use Google play music & turn on stock android music FX then I quit and launch Poweramp it's still producing the same hissing sound from earphones as well as from the speaker at the same time.

Only way to fix this reboot my device

18 hours ago, Wolfpig said:

Have you turned it on for the speakers?

fOC0Cwy.png

For some reason it is the only option which activates it on my xz1.....and i use bt headphones

On 07/05/2018 at 0:53 PM, andrewilley said:

As you are running Android Oreo (8.x), are you selecting the OpenSL HD option as stated in the info posts at the start of the thread?

Andre

Good day.

Thank you for your reply.

I don´t seem to notice any diference in the sound and i have tried both my Xperia XZ1 Compact oreo and Xperia X Compact oreo and nougat with a pair of sennheiser IE800.
Maybe i'm comparing it wrong, my last base of comparison was my old galaxy S8 with Nougat and alpha 704. (that was where i noticed a big difference between HD on or off)
Here are some screenshot from my XZ1C
Thank you.

Screenshot_20180508-141256.jpg

Screenshot_20180508-134000.jpg

Archived