Poweramp builds 978-981

maxmp

23 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@Loweaul Ah, OK, in which case yes I agree that the remaining selection list can become centred rather than being tethered closer to the bottom of the screen. Might be something to do with the keyboard popping up previously? Has no functional implication that I can see though, as the background elements are not accessible either way.

For some reason it doesn't seem to happen all the time though - I can't get it to occur now for example. And some popup menus present themselves mid-screen anyway. e.g. the long-press popup shown on the Player Screen is text-oriented and in the middle of the screen, whereas the popup triggered by long-pressing in a list is a smaller icon-based format at the bottom (to allow you to still access and scroll the background list). If the background is not going to still be accessible, I think I prefer a centred approach, as tall as necessary/possible to avoid needless scrolling.

Andre

Yep, and it's not only because of the keyboard popup, if you were not selecting a playlist previously, the "Playlist" popup should just fall down to the bottom as the it design to be, and the higher your keyboard was, the higher popup you saw, which made me think that was an issue, the animation doesn't correspond to the normal situation.

And yes, different popups shows in different heights, however the design now is pretty good for me, the popup show up and close down in a natural way.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Fatih ALPTEKİN email your skin developer and ask him to look at TopWaveseekLayout. I remember the change I had to make is shown below

<style name="TopWaveseekLayout" parent="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:TopWaveseekLayout">

<item name="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:layout_attachBottom">parent</item>

</style>

I am sure a little experimentation will fix this

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Última atualização do Android ou Poweramp? Qual dispositivo? Em vez de usar o modo experimental de saída de alta resolução, tente algo como AAudio ou AudioTrack, que nas versões recentes do Android suporta configurações de alta resolução.

André

I'm sorry for the delay, it was actually during the last Android update, I have a Motorola g52 (yes it's a bad phone, but as I live in Brazil that's what I can have) and it simply stopped working the high resolution output after the Android 13 update, I've done everything I could but it doesn't work, I currently use OpenSL because the other outputs have a huge delay (600ms or more)

35 minutes ago, André Inácio said:

I currently use OpenSL because the other outputs have a huge delay (600ms or more)

That's perhaps more of an issue of higher resolutions and larger buffer sizes to be honest. Not that latency really matters much for pure audio playback.

image.png

After an Android update, it might be worth setting the Outputs menu back to defaults and seeing if that helps, but sometimes it's just changes in the ROM that cause the issues.

Andre

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Para ser honesto, talvez seja mais uma questão de resoluções mais altas e tamanhos de buffer maiores. Não que a latência realmente importe muito para a reprodução de áudio puro.

imagem.png

Após uma atualização do Android, pode valer a pena redefinir o menu Saídas de volta aos padrões e ver se isso ajuda, mas às vezes são apenas alterações na ROM que causam os problemas.

André

I've tried everything but it didn't solve it, it's really a ROM issue, but thanks for the help

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Just found another subtle issue, didn't know if anyone talked about it before, so I would try to be specific.

I've been messing with the Equalizer this week, trying to refine the Data from AutoEQ for myself, in this way, I need to switch the page from EQ Page to Player Screen frequently, and I did have a bad habit which is tapping the option as fast as I could, and there was where the issue came out. The bands of EQ are still accessible for seconds when switching to Player Screen.

Here's how you reproduce it.

1, Select EQ Page,

2, Tap the Miniplayer to return to Player Screen,

3, Tap the Album Art as fast as possible, (Edit: actually you don't have to be that fast, the window is about within 2 seconds)

4, If the EQ Band was Locked, you would see a popup with the message, if the Band wasn't Locked, and you accidentally tapped the one of the bands, then you would find the value changed because of this issue.

5, For me, this issue becomes a real issue is due to this fact: if you select other page in the step 1 here, and finish the rest of the steps, the object the page of step 1 wouldn't be changed or selected, for example the step 1 page is Playlist Page, and you go over the steps, you wouldn't see the Now-Playing song is changed.

Edited by Loweaul
Complement

@Loweaul Sorry, I can't duplicate this. Tried with a graphic and parametric EQ in place, but however quickly I tap after leaving the EQ screen, the album art area takes me back to the Library Category songs list, as expected.

Perhaps a log might help Max?

Andre

1 hour ago, Loweaul said:

and I did have a bad habit which is tapping the option as fast as I could, and there was where the issue came out. 

Maybe don't try to beat your phone to the transition?😋

May be due to device speed or maybe even the OS?

@MotleyG @andrewilley

I see... So I tried to switch the System Animation Speed to "Slow", "Normal", "Fast", which didn't help a bit. and I switched the refresh rate to 60hz, and it didn't work out.

But the Animations Option in PA did help a little, when I switched to "Disabled", this issue solved, almost, I had to be extremely fast to occur it, but in this way, I'll lose every animation in the app, so it's a bad idea. The other option "Fast", "Default" didn't help.

So I think I should try to be slow until the issue is solved, and here's the log for Max.log

Posted (edited)

@andrewilley I have tried every animations speed option in the Android Developer Options, and it seemed like it wouldn't affect PA's animations speed. So it didn't work for me.

Edit: I'll upload a new video here, you can see that even the animations are finished, but the EQ Page is still accessible for about 1 sec, so it does annoy me, I should better lock the Bands right after finishing changing the value.

Edited by Loweaul
Complement.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Loweaul said:

@andrewilley I have tried every animations speed option in the Android Developer Options, and it seemed like it wouldn't affect PA's animations speed. So it didn't work for me.

Edit: I'll upload a new video here, you can see that even the animations are finished, but the EQ Page is still accessible for about 1 sec, so it does annoy me, I should better lock the Bands right after finishing changing the value.

And not only tapping, swiping could also be done in this way, well, that's nice, another good day with Xiaomi.🤓👍

Edited by Loweaul
Complement

• 2 weeks later...

I've moved all of the recent discussion that does not specifically relate to the Build 981 release process to its own thread, as otherwise it will end up getting lost when the next build thread is started. 

Andre

Found another issue, it was actually bothering me for a while, now finally know how do I reproduce it, well... at least reproduce it in Xiaomi HyperOS.

So basically it is sometimes you just Can't Cancel the Select Popup (specifically, it's the popup when you long press an item).

To reproduce it, 

1, select an item, wait for the popup.

2,slide up or touch the button to the Android Home Screen

3,return to PA in anyway, the you might see that the popup can't be cancelled.

To solve it, one way is to select anyway option except the "Delete" option in the popup, the other way is to kill the PA in the background and open it again.