Semitransparent pro buttons

Why would i need that? There is option to adjust transparency to navbar, why not to have same thing to pro buttons? They now look too different from all other UI. I like the native skin of Poweramp. The only thing i dont is these non transparent pro buttons.

1 hour ago, Alex_Smith said:

Why would i need that?

That’s what the extra skins are for. Many other player apps don’t have this option at all. But with millions of PA users, not all requests for changes are possible within the default settings. 

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Was just letting you know a way you can do it now.

I thought it was a taboo to suggest a walk-around for any shortcoming of Poweramp, especially if it has to go out of the main app? Why third party app now?.

We should be careful, and try to tolerate each other shortcoming. 

16 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

That’s what the extra skins are for. Many other player apps don’t have this option at all. But with millions of PA users, not all requests for changes are possible within the default settings. 

You have spoken well, we can not have all we want in this app, I am not saying we should stop requesting for new features, but we should have it in mind that there is way more customisation in this app comparing to it's pairs. 

1 hour ago, Alex_Smith said:

Why would i need that? There is option to adjust transparency to navbar, why not to have same thing to pro buttons? They now look too different from all other UI. I like the native skin of Poweramp. The only thing i dont is these non transparent pro buttons.

I'm so sorry if it's bothering you that much, I also think that you should try the third party skin (I will suggest Aurora skin) at least for now, even though I'm not a fan of third party skin. 

Bencherished 

12 minutes ago, Alex_Smith said:

I dont think it is a big challenge for the dev to make this little thing. It is not a creation of a brand new skin. It is just a transparency of some buttons.

I agree not a major amount of work. But remember that there are literally hundreds of other such "small" changes discussed in these forums, which could each be applied fairly quickly on their own (I've collated a list of many of them myself) but the question becomes which ones to do first, and instead of other updates? As this one is just cosmetic and already has a fix, it might not be top of that list. Anyway, it would be up to @maxmp to decide, and you've done the right thing by adding it to the Feature Requests forum.

Andre

33 minutes ago, Bencherished said:

I thought it was a taboo to suggest a walk-around for any shortcoming of Poweramp, especially if it has to go out of the main app?

(a) any existing solutions to Feature Requests are very welcome, even if they involve third-party content, and (b) this is not a "shortcoming", it's a design choice which someone else would prefer to look a different way.

Andre

Yes, number of new options can be added to the default skins as well, but I try to keep number of built in options low as:

- built in skins must work on all supported hardware/screen sizes/screen scales/aspect ratios/Android variants/etc
- each additional option there introduces layer of extra testing which slow downs core development or can even block some new feature from the implementation
- once introduced, it's very hard to remove the builtin skin option if it doesn't work well in some scenarios
- many builtin skin options are actually implemented as core app option (such as some Player screen options, seekbar options, etc.)

3rd party skins have a bit more freedom in regard of their options, they can experiment more and provide more options tailored for the specific use case/screens/etc.

For example, those buttons are already 4x  5x (forgot the low density screens low Android variant) duplicated in Poweramp as default buttons, non-rounded variant, x2 for lower and higher Android versions. 
Adding one extra variant means there will be 8x or more variants of the buttons and they should be all tested each build.

3rd party skins can get away with supporting just higher Android variants/vector only graphics.