For adding features

Hello Mr Alex, 

I want some features in Poweramp. I hope you consider adding it to Poweramp. 

1. Zap feature like Blackplayer ex

2. Recommended Songs/Song Suggestions 

3. Synchronised lyrics feature like oto music synchronised lyrics UI

4. Stats of total artist, total albums, total tracks in library 

5. Popular artists

6. Sorting options in playlist, Custom order in playlist

7. In Most played page, add three or more  sections as today, yesterday, this week, this month, this year

8. Dynamic favourite system where playlist can be added to favourite, artist can be added to favourite, album can be added to favourite

478420017_Screenshot_20220228-203125_SamsungMusic.thumb.jpg.5233df5eeea3d3e9d675ce8795fcdc33.jpg

Most of these are down to Max to answer, but I can respond a bit in the meantime:

1. Zap feature like Blackplayer ex

Do you mean the play first 5-seconds of each track sampling feature?

2. Recommended Songs/Song Suggestions 

That's not really applicable or appropriate for an offline player, where all of you music is already curated and saved on your own device.

3. Synchronised lyrics feature like oto music synchronised lyrics UI

This is on the to-do list for implementing at some point in the future.

An overall music stats page might be a nice feature. Some aspects are already included in the current Categories - e.g. each Artist view will show you how many songs, total running time, etc.

5. Popular artists

If you have unpopular artists, why did you copy them to you phone? :) Currently the rating system is purely based per song (like any other tag) not per artist/album/folder/etc, but I guess it would be possible to show an aggregate value based on an average of all of the contained tracks?

6. Sorting options in playlist, Custom order in playlist

In any playlist, choose (menu) > Re-sort and you can sort the list any way you like. You can also manually move individual tracks around the playlist by dragging. For more advanced tasks, there are external playlist manager apps (e.g. New Playlist Manager).

7. In Most played page, add three or more  sections as today, yesterday, this week, this month, this year

So basically so the Recently Played list (if ordered by date) could be broken down into subsection groups like email programs do? So there would be subdivisions for how long ago a track was last played - Today, Yesterday, Last Week (covering the previous 7 days), Last Month (previous 30 days), etc. 

8. Dynamic favourite system where playlist can be added to favourite, artist can be added to favourite, album can be added to favourite

There has already been a suggestion for a new 'Favourites' category, into which you would be able to add any song, or entity (such as Folder, Album, Artist, Genre, etc), for quick access, with the ability to edit and reorder the list and view type. I believe this is on the to-do list too.

Andre

34 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

An overall music stats page might be a nice feature. Some aspects are already included in the current Categories - e.g. each Artist view will show you how many songs, total running time, etc.

This would be handy. Great for showing off to your friends! :)

@andrewilley 

Good to hear some of the features suggested are already on the to-do list. 

Here's my reply to your answers:

1. Do you mean the play first 5-seconds of each track sampling feature?

Not exactly. Poweramp will randomly pick  songs and will play specific part of the songs.. 

And In the settings, Poweramp will give us the opportunity to set how many seconds will be played and from which duration the track will be played. 

2. That's not really applicable or appropriate for an offline player, where all of you music is already curated and saved on your own device

Why that's not applicable?  You can show some songs based on the listened or non listened songs. I think this will help change music listening habit of people. 

5. If you have unpopular artists, why did you copy them to you phone? ( Good Question)

Actually everyone is popular. But I want Poweramp detect who is popular to me based on my listening. 

6.  You can also manually move individual tracks around the playlist by dragging. For more advanced tasks, there are external playlist manager apps (e.g. New Playlist Manager).

Actually, I want to customly arrange the playlist and then customly arrange the tracks inside the playlist. I think there is no option to customly arrange the playlist, there is option to customly arrange the tracks inside the playlist. 

7. Recently Played list (if ordered by date) could be broken down into subsection groups like email programs do? So there would be subdivisions for how long ago a track was last played - Today, Yesterday, Last Week (covering the previous 7 days), Last Month (previous 30 days), etc. 

Why not in the mostly played list?

On 2/28/2022 at 5:07 PM, andrewilley said:

I like the idea of this feature.

I'm very pleased to see all of the progress that recent time & effort on behalf of the developer has brought about. I've often commented, & would very much still like to see a style visualization added that is found on professional audio recording/engineering equipment, that reflects the actual color range of green, yellow, orange, & red for output levels for both the left & right channel (when the output is in stereo). Please consider this. ;)

Some of the suggested features are definitely going to materialize short-term, such as lrc lyrics support with appropriate UI.

Better song and categories stats ideas are floating in the air as well and is in longer term TODO list.

Some features are already there;-) Such as playlist Re-sorting.

• 2 months later...
On 3/1/2022 at 1:53 AM, Fuad Hasan said:

@andrewilley 

Do you mean the play first 5-seconds of each track sampling feature?

Not exactly. Poweramp will randomly pick  songs and will play specific part of the songs.. 

And In the settings, Poweramp will give us the opportunity to set how many seconds will be played and from which duration the track will be played. 

This would be a cool feature in PA. Zap feature in Black Player is ok but 5s is too short so I agree that there need to be setting to set for example, 1 minute or more of each song.

Edited by Mark89