What skins do people use.

Mark Lee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@laxivey645 This thread was asking about what skins people use, which seems a valid enough question to me. And it's also valid to respond and discuss posts within it - just like yours, in fact.

As far as YAPS goes, the developer is perfectly within his rights to discuss his skin here. My own feeling on YAPS is that it is a bit of a "Swiss Army Knife" of skins - perhaps not as pretty or polished out of the box as some, but by far and away the most configurable toolbox of any skin out there if you want to put some work into tweaking your own design.

Sorry you are "highly disturbed" though. Do you have anything to contribute about skins that you like?

Andre

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eddie_the_man said:

I still couldn't find a good skin besides the built-in ones. I tried Aurora (way to many options) .. some doesn't have options at all.. 

Which skin has no options? I have used almost every V3 skin that was published since launch. The ones I use the most are Luminous, Melodi, and Yaps. Many of the earlier ones are no longer in development and may no longer be fully compatible with the new and updated Poweramp features.

• 1 month later...

I'm very fond of Liv Dark and I've customized it so it has a semi transparent "background". So it's my phones wallpaper of choice shining through.

Before I almost exclusively used the Retro Black skin. Too bad it no longer is optimized for later versions of Poweramp Player.

Screenshot_20231008_132005_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20231008_132215_Poweramp.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have to make a special mention of the new Proxima skin from Mixified Pixel (developer of the Aurora and Luminous skins).

Screenshot_20240528_202905_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.318b776084cb1e6707b75f337dc8f1cf.jpg  Screenshot_20240528_204409_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.a380249114445904e6909c50996297d9.jpg

Proxima automatically switches between a light and dark variant, depending on whether dark mode is activated under Android. This feature will also come to Aurora in a future update.

Proxima also makes great use of the album artwork colours for the blurred background. This is absolutely my new favourite skin!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Poweramp.v3.proxima&hl=en_US

2 hours ago, heidl said:

Proxima also makes great use of the album artwork colours for the blurred background. This is absolutely my new favourite skin!

As far as I know, the generation of the background blur is a function of the core app, not something that skins do.

Andre

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@koopa990 i use Yaps, mainly because i created it and because it is the only skin that allows you to create your own layout by moving things about. Oh yes, it has nice colours too just like the others

This one?

Idk about that. The overall look is far from a regular player

Just now, flyingdutchman said:

@koopa990 it does require the user to put some work in as you can modify almost everything, unlike other plug and play skins where you simply select. Some users find it too much 😁

I got a couple of questions before I'll try this out.

1. Can I tweak the artist page to only display albums?

2. Does the Now Playing display have  options like Material or blur? Can I revert the timeline to traditional bar?

3. At this time of the app versions, does it have a function where I adjust pitch and speed playback?

@koopa990 skins can only change component eg move, show hide or display some other graphic or font. It cannot add functionalty such as pitch. Blur is available in the Poweramp menu but i found that maxmp adjusts the blur in library and lyrics views.  I have not yet a way around this

Just try it as i can issue a refund anytime. Just ask

Edited by flyingdutchman

4 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

@koopa990 Some users find it too much 😁

Honestly, this remark of yours along with the smiley tempted me to voice a contrary opinion.

It's not necessarily that I'm overwhelmed by Yaps' wide range of customization options. No, what keeps me from using the skin is that I simply find it ugly. And I haven't seen a single setup that has convinced me otherwise.