Mr. X
Go to solution Solved by MotleyG,

Starting from the previous build (920) I began having a storage access issue. I could not find music in my music folders. I also could not export my playlist to local storage. Clearing the cache, storage, uninstall, reinstall, all have no effect.

I can listen to a file if i attempt to open it in another app and choose Poweramp at the popup, app chooser.

I've uploaded my logs to the email address in the app.

Anyone else with a similar experience? 

Sorry.  Obviously the logs weren't posted here.

I'm running a Pixel 3a.  Android 12.

I'm not finding a File Access Legacy Mode in PA>Settings>Misc

Removing and re-granting permissions gives me a toasty - Access Granted - but... apart from finding the folders it doesn't find the files.  I've dug down until I'm in Music>artist>album, granted access, but find nothing.

• Solution
29 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Sorry.  Obviously the logs weren't posted here.

I'm running a Pixel 3a.  Android 12.

I'm not finding a File Access Legacy Mode in PA>Settings>Misc

Removing and re-granting permissions gives me a toasty - Access Granted - but... apart from finding the folders it doesn't find the files.  I've dug down until I'm in Music>artist>album, granted access, but find nothing.

Make sure you grant access to the root folder first. I think this is necessary to drill down and check the proper music folders for PA to find the music and playlist files.

@andrewilley I thought (as official docs suggest) Android 12 doesn't allow legacy direct file access, but it seems to allow that for Poweramp, so the next 922 build includes that (and also makes managing mixed legacy + new folder based access via Music Folders selection improvements).

In any case I also plan to ask Google for All Files permission access, but I guess this will be denied with 99% probability. Though this still may work for uni (website) build.