Add song for multiple playlists

node1634

I've got a library of over 20 playlists. Right now I have to add one song to each individual playlist which is tedious especially if I added 40 songs to my library. I'd really appreciate a function to select multiple playlists to add the song to (just like adding multiple songs to one playlist).

Kind regards,

node1634

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Say, I have tracks which genres fall to R&B, Rap and Hip-Hop. So I have those 3 playlists. Other times, those R&B tracks can be put to "Love Songs" playlist. It really depends on how you see or feel one track or tracks to be included in those playlist/s. I am a diverse listener and those 3 genres were just a few... we haven't gotten to Alternative Rock, Post Grunge, Metal and so on... I have an ever-growing collection of albums and just like the OP, would be very glad if we can select multiple playlists at once so we do not need to re-select the tracks over and over.

PS: I don't have an unlimited storage if one gets curious... I retain only the songs/tracks I am very interested with.

Thanks, Andre for your input!

I constantly edit playlists. It's become a hobby of mine. It's like being your own personal DJ. I have well over 100GB of music so when I create playlists I don't always know all of the songs I'd like added to that playlist at the time I create the playlist. I'm constantly rediscovering songs/albums/artists in my collection, so I'm always updating several playlists as I listen to my music and I realize what songs would be perfect for certain playlists.

I typically create playlists by "feel"/"vibe" or certain subcategories. 

For example I can have the following playlists:

"Singalongs" - for songs I know by heart and can sing/rap to.

"Gaming" - typically for background music when playing action/shooting video games. Upbeat/intense stuff.

"Underground" - a selection of Hip-Hop that isn't considered mainstream.

"Lyrical" - songs that have lyrics which impress me

"Lounge" - songs that would make good background music for kicking back. Smooth/mellow stuff.

"Love songs" - self explanatory.

"Foreign" - songs in languages other than English.

I could go on and on, but these are just a few examples. I've built many more playlists in the past that I've since lost, which I will attempt to recreate.

But you can probably see that there are many songs that would naturally fit into more than one of these playlists.

Whether or not this feature is added, I'm still super happy with the PA experience. It's just another thing that'd make the experience better in my opinion.

Thank you both Andre and flyingdutchman! I appreciate the responses. I actually just installed New Playlist Manager today, for the ability to export saved playlists. I haven't spent too much time with it yet, but am looking forward to messing around with it. If you can add this feature to it, I'd very much appreciate it.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived