Alphabetic sidebar for album list

luce

Album list doesn’t use the alphabetic sidebar, although this is turned on in the settings. Other lists do. Is this a bug or a feature? With this sidebar navigation is quicker and easier to me. I would appreciate this list behaving like the others.

Screenshot_20190411_225536.png

Screenshot_20190411_225514.png

Screenshot_20190411_225525.png

I'm on the latest version of PA and I can see it in Album mode. My language is English though so maybe it's to do with the language somehow? Can you try switching it to English to see if it appears then? Not a fix but a clue as to what's happening.

6 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

I have my Album list set to list Albums by Artist

That works for me (as mentioned before, with the sort order set to 'By Name'). Using 'By Artist' seems a bit hit-and-miss with my music collection generally though. I see an A-Z list in smaller groups sorted by Artist (such as within one various-artists album) but not on some whole-library categories such as Albums - although ironically it works in the All Songs list, which rules out some of my songs having bad artist tags that can't be alpha-sorted, which was my first guess. It certainly does seem inconsistent though, and I also can't see why it can't be implemented for sorts like Filename or Folder, as they are going to be plain alphanumeric text.

Andre

Any particular reason why the A-Z scrollbar is not shown in other latin text sorts (path, filename, etc)? I do see it at the songs level in some categories for Artist/Album/etc, but not others. It does seem a bit inconsistently applied at the moment. 

Andre

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

It doesn’t depend on device language, it just uses latin A-Z chars. A-Z is shown only if list is in fact sorted alphabetically by title, otherwise A-Z is replaced by usual scrollbar.

Does this mean that if I sort Albums by Artist and I have Artist "38 Special" it won't do A-Z?

Archived