Playlist cover option

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, invaderzim said:

Have you tapped the Pick from Gallery? I suppose you have a target image in your storage.

Good idea, technically it did what I wanted but also forced me to make that graphic the album art for the particular song/album

Screenshot_20190930-221507.png

Screenshot_20190930-221547.png

6 hours ago, Cpasley said:

I found what you are saying except I want to use art not from a track, for instance my 80s playlist I'd like to use a simple graphic

I thought that's what Max had implemented - i.e. choose any piece of artwork to use as the Playlist cover, not just one of the images associated with any particular track - but you're right that doesn't seem to be the case as of now.

That's what I'd want too, to be able select some nondescript image which reflects the general content of the playlist rather than any particular song.

Andre

Yes, selection via track is somewhat confusing, but selection via playlist itself won't work - as we can't search by playlist name (this makes little sense) - we want playlist image based on some track instead.

Let me know if you see this differently and I'll tune the UI:-) Thanks!

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I thought that's what Max had implemented - i.e. choose any piece of artwork to use as the Playlist cover, not just one of the images associated with any particular track - but you're right that doesn't seem to be the case as of now.

That's what I'd want too, to be able select some nondescript image which reflects the general content of the playlist rather than any particular song.

Andre

That's exactly what I was hoping for, not super important but seemed like something easy to do. I did just discover something interesting, I changed the album art of the album "youthquake" back to it's original yet that simple "80s" graphic I was messing around with stayed as the main art for that particular playlist.

Personally, what I would find useful would be to assign an image to a Playlist that is not one of the cover artworks within the list. For example, if I have a playlist of assorted film themes then I don't want the Playlist cover to be Star Wars, or James Bond, or Harry Potter, or any other specific title, but some general image that denotes movies (maybe a clapperboard, or a cinema auditorium).

If PA could find that from the internet using a Google search of the playlist title ("Film Themes.m3u" for example) then that would be nice, but most often I think I'd get the image myself and want to include it from the gallery.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Personally, what I would find useful would be to assign an image to a Playlist that is not one of the cover artworks within the list. For example, if I have a playlist of assorted film themes then I don't want the Playlist cover to be Star Wars, or James Bond, or Harry Potter, or any other specific title, but some general image that denotes movies (maybe a clapperboard, or a cinema auditorium).

If PA could find that from the internet using a Google search of the playlist title ("Film Themes.m3u" for example) then that would be nice, but most often I think I'd get the image myself and want to include it from the gallery.

Andre

I agree, I save all my album art since sometimes it takes a bit to find just the right so would do the same for the the art used as the playlist cover, just pull directly from the gallery.

22 minutes ago, Cpasley said:

I agree, I save all my album art since sometimes it takes a bit to find just the right so would do the same for the the art used as the playlist cover, just pull directly from the gallery.

Or we could just put it in the Playlists folder under the same name with a .jpg extension? Just a thought.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Archived