Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really think it s a good update. I know some features aren't functionally yet, but what I don't understand is, why not having the artist view working instead of all songs or album? I mean, most of us choose their sound by artist and not by all songs ;-)

Nevertheless...great update and amazing sound (as usual)

2 hours ago, jadecell said:

No app takes that long to develop, doesn't matter that there is only one dev. It just simply doesn't take that long to update a pre-existing app. It's not like building a new app from scratch, the code base is already there! 

Actually yes it did take that long (somewhat obviously) and yes the interface code was completely rebuilt from the ground up.

Now that the main hard work is done, Max plans to reintegrate the currently missing features into upcoming betas fairly quickly (days/weeks between releases, not the two years it took for the main work) with the aim of getting to a feature-complete official release stage within a month or two. Sorry you are not happy with how long this process takes, but you are free to choose any other apps if you are not satisfied - or perhaps write your own if it's that easy?

Andre

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Thank you for this update @maxmp
It seems that this beta preview does not work with viper4android.
Do you think to add the Music FX button again?

Works here.

Try to do this. 

1. Enable MusicFX option via audio>advanced tweaks

2. & Enable MusicFX insie Eq>musicfx tile (2nd page)

3. Restart Device. 

Remember, V4A should be enabled before restart.

Screenshot_ViPER4Android_FX_20180430-233615.png

2 hours ago, hubpf said:

Is there something wrong with the apk file? I downloaded and tried to tap to install, it shows "Error"

Some people have reported their mobile browser downloads are not saving the filename correctly. Ensure it has the extension ".apk", and rename it if necessary. Or do it on a PC which should work fine.

Andre

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

I would not be using Hi Res and it has low volume because if you turn it up louder, and Max fixes it and you forget about lowering the volume. You could lose your hearing because it will just blow out your ears. I am sticking with basic output until then. Just a warning to those still going to use Hi Res, and the DVC does not work.

Otherwise, I love the way this app looks now. I am going to use as daily music app, because all I need is play then shuffle all songs, and I am happy, if it sounds enough volume for me to hear without turning it up really loud to hear the music.

Disable Direct volume control inside hi-res output settings. Use it, it's better. 

Just a personal opinion here :)

2 hours ago, SHADOW-XIII said:

@maxmp

- Last.FM scrobbling is still broken (as reported multiple times since Jan 2016, first 7xx alpha release)
- RATING tag support still not delivered (It has been asked feature since Nov 2010!!!!!)

This release was never intended to address any Feature Requests, other than ones that came about as a result of rewriting the user interface code. Don't expect any more feature changes before v3 is officially released, when Max can then start looking at what to add next.

Personally I really hope that he might consider looking into the hundreds of relatively small requests and minor bug reports from these forums (the "low hanging fruit" such as the things you mention) before embarking on any more large scale long-term projects. But it's up to him of course, it's completely his project.

Andre

32 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I know this is going to sound really stupid, but where exactly? I knew where is was on the old alpha. (Tablets make the text overlays so much less intrusive :)

AndreScreenshot_20180430-184230.png

Andre

Press that 3dot in right middle (near that 21) and select info/tags option.

5 minutes ago, AryToNeX said:

Does anybody know where is the output info in this new alpha? It was the info button in the slide out "EQ and visualizer" menu before the UI change

Long press the info in the middle where a little audio description is given, below the Wave seek.

5 minutes ago, AryToNeX said:

Does anybody know where is the output info in this new alpha? It was the info button in the slide out "EQ and visualizer" menu before the UI change

Was just answered twice in the last few posts. Easiest way is to long-press on the current file metadata info (just below the seekbar.) Or go into the EQ screen and long-press on the tiny (i) info icon below the EQ display. 

Andre

Moving to this version from alpha build 704, here are my thoughts and observations:

• OpenSL ES HD works well on my HTC 10 on Android 8.0
  • Upgrading from build 704 can cause a crash. Clearing data fixes it
  • All old settings are present and look the same as before (which is good)
  • The following functions are broken / not yet implemented: Playlists, Artists, Genres, Top Rated, Recently Added
  • Opinion: The search button should appear in the top right corner of the screen. For example, in the All Songs view there is a lot of space in the top right, which is where the search button is anyway in pretty much ALL other apps...
  • Exiting from the Queue causes a crash with the following exception:
04-30 21:12:26.852 27639-27639/? E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    Process: com.maxmpz.audioplayer, PID: 27639
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.net.Uri android.net.Uri$Builder.build()' on a null object reference
        at md.ll1l(":53)
        at jt.enum(":310)
        at jy.lll1(":2262)
        at jy.llll(":1970)
        at com.maxmpz.audioplayer.list.ListWidget.lll1(":197)
        at com.maxmpz.widget.player.ListWidgetBase.onBusMsg(":1913)
        at us.l1ll(":166)
        at us.ll1l(":77)
        at com.maxmpz.widget.BusActionBehavior.doActionImpl(":247)
        at com.maxmpz.widget.BusActionBehavior.doAction(":211)
        at com.maxmpz.widget.BusActionButton.performClick(":41)
        at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:24779)
        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:789)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:98)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:180)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6944)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Zygote.java:240)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:835)
  • Bringing up the menu by clicking on the "hamburger" icon at the bottom of the screen makes the other buttons not function
  • Skins feature is not enabled

We need a black theme. White backgrounds and rounded edges are my two least favorite UI design elements, so while the functional design of the UI has improved, the theme has taken a step back IMHO. The combination of rounded controls and icons with sharp edges also looks a bit odd to me.
Sorry for the complaints, I understand you have worked hard and long on this, but I am just stating my personal opinion. With the settings looking completely different from the rest of the app as well, I hope there are more improvements on the way. (Also OLED users may have something to say)

The album art effect is great, keep up the good work!

Just now, sivasankaramalan_g said:

Hey it's not installing my OnePlus 5T running on 8.1...saying cannot open the file ?

Renam the file to PAv3_704.apk then check, already reported by many, The downloaded file is of unknown format... So try renaming and making it as .apk

1 minute ago, koolicecream said:

But it takes to current playing song but also restarts the same song... Plz inform about the same to max

I was having the same issues. But it's gone after force closing the app. Can you please try it ?

If doesn't helped. Try restarting the device. 

2 minutes ago, koolicecream said:

But it takes to current playing song but also restarts the same song... Plz inform about the same to max

Try closing and clearing the app's cache and data as other people have been suggesting, or do a clean install.

Andre

Archived