Android Auto Support

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have a new Car with ANDROID AUTO. I have Poweramp Pro - Version. 

Rocket Player und JetAudio HD is awful on Android-Auto-Mode. PLEASE realize Poweramp running on Android Auto ----> PLEASE!

Is there a BETA ?? with Android Auto - Support?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm getting a new car which will have Android Auto support in a month's time, so I might give the app referred to a few posts above a try and see if it allows PA to work with AA. Otherwise I know that Bluetooth works well, and handles metadata and track changing/etc via the steering wheel controls, as I tried it during my test drive. :)

Andre

• 1 month later...

We defo need this... I want to use android auto but there is such a limited choice. 

Once you have gone power amp you can't go back :)

Re using Bluetooth.. Yes it does work, yes it is controllable and has meta data etc how ever been Bluetooth most cars sound awful. 

Codecs like aptx are not available as far as I know so cabled and digital is the only way to maintain the sound.

Sound quality is why I came to power amp in the first place. 

Terran

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm now trying this application for two weeks, I like it a lot because it recognizes my foobar2000 playlists, reads cue files and has a clear UI, well it might be more modern though.

But I terribly miss the Android Auto feature, I had to re-enable my base constructor music application because of that, and the workaround (AnyAutoAudio) posted earlier in the post is not a solution, it only direct streams audio from the player to Android Auto, there is no interaction possible...

Well anyway, I saw on another topic similar to this one (but older), that the development of Android Auto was not a priority at this time (Summer 2017).

Did it change ? I guess priorities from summer 2017 should be achieved already, I also noticed that both topics are actually the most popular from the "feature requests" forum.

Just a little official communication from the developer could help me choose at the end of the trial period.

Cheers

I just published my small app that works for Android Auto where you can choose Playlist or Folder, Play pause Skip, and it shows the albumart:

For more information look at this thread. The app is in alpha state, any source code contributions are welcome :)

Cheers
JBou

Archived