Android Auto switches between USB and Bluetooth audio

so when I have my phone, s23 ultra, connected to Android Auto via USB in my 4Runner, it sometimes will default to playing over Bluetooth instead of USB. this creates a bad experience with lower volume levels and less "full" sound. is there any way to get it to prioritize USB over Bluetooth? because when it decides to play over USB and not Bluetooth it sounds amazing and "full" 

Edited by andrewilley
Updated subject

Even when there's a wired USB cable connection, AA audio is very commonly routed via Bluetooth, it depends on the head unit being used (mine for example doesn't send any audio at all via the USB connection).

I've not heard of ones randomly switching between the two modes though, are you sure it's not just a volume issue and sometimes the BT output from the phone is running at less than 100% level? Is DVC turned on, and BT Absolute Volume Control disabled in Android's Developer Options?

@maxmp might be able to throw more light on this though.

Andre

it definitely has played through the USB because it sounds crisper and louder. Also, when it's playing via USB in the Output settings it doesn't show that it is playing via Bluetooth, but when it is playing via Bluetooth it shows that is the option selected. I've tried everything to try and get it to route via USB, but can't find a replicable way to do it. I just end up disconnecting the Bluetooth until it finally stays on USB output. 

Probably something you need to take up on an Android Auto forum then. Poweramp cannot change Android's chosen routing method, only the choice of the available processing type that it uses (OpenSL, AudioTrack, etc).

The final stage details in Audio Info are not especially reliable by the way, as Android does not always report back as accurately as you might hope. e.g. when I'm at home and haven't used my car for maybe days, sometimes the Output Device lists as my Hyundai connection rather than the actually in-use Speaker.

Andre