Volume Ducking

Hello Poweramp Team (MaxMP),

I'd like to request "Volume Ducking" feature when audio focus is lost. I know Poweramp has "Temporarily pause on short audio focus change (notifications/navigation/etc.)", but I'd prefer if the music volume can be just ducked instead of muted. Thank you.

Sincerely,

I too would like to see this issue addressed. On more occasions than enough I've been in public using headphones when I've recieved a message only to hear the track I'm listening to blare out from the phone's internal speaker, causing considerable inconvenience for my fellow library/train/cafe' users, not to mention my own acute embarrassment.

Having reccommended Poweramp to all my friends before paying for it, and experiencing this problem, I'm beginning to wish I hadn't, which is a real pity as, barring this fault, this is by far the best app of its type I've been able to find.

Please find a solution to this thorn in my side so I can resume use of what is otherwise a seemingly perfect music app.

Hopefully

Tim.

I have Notifications set to 'Privacy' mode on my Galaxy S3, so that when I've got headphones plugged in everything (including ringtones, notifications, etc) is forced to headphones rather than the phone's speaker.

I don't think that's a standard Samsung option though (rather like blocking the screen timeout during charging) but a function of the ROM/kernel that I'm using. I hated the default Samsung mode!

Andre

No, it's a daft "feature" by Samsung in their firmware. You'll need to install an alternative kernel which supports the option (I use Googy-Max on my S3, but I'm sure there must be an S4 variant which does it too; ask over on XDA-Developers). You will obviously need to have rooted your phone and install the new kernel via a flashing utility like ClockworkMod. It's not that hard to do, but can be a little daunting if you've never done it before.

Andre

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived