Embedding downloaded Album Art in id3-tag

wurstt

Hi there,

I really love the sound quality and style of Poweramp. Nice work!

Almost all my mp3s have an embedded album art. (I used droid3tagger) But I prefer the CD-Cover (Single) over the album art for some of my songs. So I deleted the album in the ID3-Tag and search the CD-Cover through Poweramp. Works.

But whenever I restart the player or edit the ID3-Tag the old embedded album art shows up again. (Yes I checked "prefer downloaded album art over embedded")

For the future updates:

Is it possible to embed the downloaded album art/single art directly with Poweramp? It would take less time than using foobar2000.

It's super nice that you can download album arts through Poweramp. But it's a pity that the downloaded album art neither is embedded nor saved somewhere you can export it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made an account just to +1 this.

It's great that Poweramp can download missing album art and I can casually set which one I want...however the fact that it's not then embedded into the ID3 tag is disappointing!

It would be great if there was a click button to click to embed the art into the ID3 tag permanently!

Thanks

I am with you guys and totally agree on this. I am a new user of Poweramp and was blown away with features it has. I have been using player Pro for my music for past 4 months. It's good decent player. But I think after trying Poweramp I would say it is more refined player than PlayerPro at least to me. Here is why I can say that. I don't know if anyone have felt this but Poweramp equalizer is more effective than PlayerPro. I still use both though. my Fav Poweramp now.

Well back to the point. After using PlayerPro amost 4 months I started looking for some change. The reason for change was exactly what this post is about "Embedding downloaded Album Art in id3-tag" Poweramp does same thing what playerpro does which is by not embedding downloaded Album art in id3-tag.

I think it would nice if you please add this feature in next release or sooner. This will save a lot of time for updating album art.

I am not regretting a all by purchasing this app. In fact, I am glad that I have made this purchase. You know what ? It sounds better. Shhhhhh...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We'll see what we can do for you guys! :)

I am using the trail version on my s3 right now and i loving it. The only thing that is stopping me to buy the pro version is the ability to embed the album art into id3 tag ! can we look forward for this feature in the coming updates? :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes please. Also to wurstt, how do you use foobar2000 for album art? I've been trying to figure that out forever.

Lol sorry, I checked this thread after 1 year abstinence to see what have changed. Not much I guess^^

I'm using MP3tag, not foobar. It's the best software for now. But you have to download album art/CD covers on your own (albumartgrabber). But at least you can select as many songs if you want and changed the Album Art all at once. You can also create playlists which Poweramp can read. If you want to add more songs to an already existing playlist, hold ctrl. 

make sure that you tweak your preferences, like automatic save when going to the next song file.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Loyal Poweramp customer passing by: I'm totally digging this feature since the first time I used Poweramp (back in early 2012), and continuously checking from time to time this forum for news but sadly nothing still has been done ;(

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Dear Poweramp, 

Don't you think it would be time to implement this simple feature (changing the album art for the entire folder - and NOT one by one) ?

I am a paying PA user and honestly quite disappointed that PA don't care what their users like to have - requested since 2012!? 

As far as I can tell, it hasn't been implemented with V3?! 

Archived