Option to remove/hide Unknown Album/Unknown Genre/Unknown Composer from search results

Whenever I search for something that could match the text "Unknown album"/"Unknown genre"/"Unknown composer", these entries show up in the search results, which can be annoying, especially when searching for anything that matches the text "Unknown". It clutters up the search results a lot IMO.

I also don't see why these categories exist in the first place, but that's a different story I guess.

1 hour ago, kwyntes said:

I also don't see why these categories exist in the first place, but that's a different story I guess.

They exist in Library lists to contain all files that don't have that specific metadata filled in. In some cases, like Composer, this makes sense to be hidden as there are very likely more songs that don't have this tag than those that do. But for other more essential tags like Artist, Album, or even Albumartist or Genre, I think it is more important to highlight those tracks that are missing what should be a critical tag as far as library browsing goes.

Either way I do agree that it would be nice to have an option to disable the display of the "Unknown" grouping for each list.

• 4 weeks later...

I've felt for ages that since "Unknown" isn't an actual album title or a real artist name, this notionally-named entry should be displayed at the very end of Category lists or Search results, like an appendix, rather than hidden away in the middle of the 'U' section between Ultravox and Vangelis. It's one of a whole list of Requests that I complied a few years ago of relatively trivial tasks that for a few hours' work could make the app a bit easier or more logical for users.  

Andre

I would love this.

I also think it would be worth putting split artists and compilation songs at the end in this sub category also. So when you're in a specific artists list and the "artist" and "album artist" tag don't match. Making this sub category more of a "singles and features" category.

For example: If I was looking at the artist "Linkin Park" and there was an album listing for "Various Artists - Transformers Soundtrack" and on that album was a song  "Linkin Park - New Divide featuring Mike Shinoda". That album should have the "album artist" tag: "Various Artists"  and the "artist" tag something like: "Linkin Park feat. Mike Shinoda". In an ideal list, that album would show up at the end of the list in that sub category for both "Linkin Park" and "Mike Shinoda" since neither of those artists match the "Various Artists" album artist tag. I think this feature alone would take this app up a notch in sorting.