Poweramp builds 978-987

maxmp

1 hour ago, Allstar said:

Hi, I bought the full version when Poweramp was fresh in the Play Store. I have seen and participated in many new things. But why should a user of a full version have to pay again for new features in the app? Is this the new trend? First purchase a license and then at some point switch to a subscription model or additional features paid model.

Read the description in the app, for one.

Literal barf emoji regarding subscription services is right there in the description. I think it's pretty clear how the developer thinks of the trend you're pointing to. 

If it's not clear, I buy the app today, I get the app as is, and the new features that come in the future, no in app purchase necessary. You buy an app ten years ago, you funded the development for those ten years, for features added up through the present.

It's not incumbent upon you to purchase the .99¢ upgrade package. The app as you've used it ain't going away.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Allstar said:

Hi, I bought the full version when Poweramp was fresh in the Play Store. I have seen and participated in many new things. But why should a user of a full version have to pay again for new features in the app? Is this the new trend? First purchase a license and then at some point switch to a subscription model or additional features paid model.

Seriously? What did you pay for this app that you have been using since it first came out?

Poweramp still works 100% and better than day one with the features it was advertised to do. The number of enhancements that have been added over that time is incredible. What other business model supplies unending upgrades for no additional price?

I support the idea of these new feature packs. For those with a limited budget, just buy what you really need. Or don't and work with what you have.

Edited by MotleyG

Are the pack purchases device dependant? I bought it on my phone. I also use Poweramp on my Galaxy Tab. When I updated via Google Play and tried to restore purchases I get an error.

Any assistance appreciated 🙏🙏

12 hours ago, Olympusandy said:

So I got the playstore version, purchased the new feature package. The group drag in lists does not work (multiple selection drags as a group as in b981]. 

Any ideas? 

Andy

Same, multiple dragging was functional in 981, but it's not working in 984 now.

13 hours ago, Allstar said:

You paid what, £1? £2? Ten years back, and you're bugged about the ability to pay a charge of £1 (currently £0.39 for me) for more features, that is completely optional, despite you still having a fully functional player that has improved heaps since you first paid for it?

Most software these days are charging 10-100x what you paid, for a yearly license.

I don't understand why people seem to have such a delusion around the value of mobile apps.

I will not blame anyone who is not okay with this in-app purchase, especially if the person is a new user. 

The unlocker should be the key to whatever that is in app, many new users will not welcome this style. 

I suggested that the price of the unlocker should be raised for new users, and price slash for old users, but I guess, the way to go about it is the problem. 

I bought Poweramp a long time ago, and I've really enjoyed it, so paying extra is not a problem, but what about the new comers? 

Bencherished 

56 minutes ago, Somnath Khole said:

Price Hike Not Healthier For Upcoming/New Audiophile

The base price for the app did not change. All of the original features work as advertised for what you paid for Poweramp. If you are looking for a premium player, this gets you what you will need.

New expanded optional features are a premium price and are charged for separately in the packages. These are features that have been requested by the community of current users. The developer has grouped similar functions together into a few packages at a modest cost. This is like buying optional upgrades for a new car. If you don't want them, don't buy them. Why is this so hard to grasp? Everything has a price, even apps that are just a few bucks to begin with.

@Somnath Khole Price hike, not good for any one, all I'm saying is, one should be scrapped, is either in-app purchase or unlocker, not both. 

Remove the unlocker, let Poweramp just play music, if you want any special feature(s) like Hi-Res or Long press volume and to change track, you go for in-app purchase. 

Bencherished 

Omg I feel sorry for developers when the users are clueless. No one is being charged anytbing who already paid for it, Poweramp will continue to function as it always has nothing will change. The developer simply wants to offer people the opportunity to buy other features over and above what already exist so he can can continue development are you people retarded god stupid people piss me off this is an amazing app and and worth every bit of support we can give android apps are so cheap especially for what they're capable of don't be such tight asses. Thanks Max and co for years of HIFI music enjoyment. ♥️

🎁 Feature package #1:

• support for multiple items dragging in playlists and Queue

No !

I am a beta tester and it worked, but after the update it no longer works .
Of course I bought the "Feature package"

Merhaba, yakın zamanda Poweramp'ın tam sürümünü satın aldım. Yakın zamanda beta sürümünü giriş yaptım ve destek için birden fazla satın alınabilen rozetler adı verilen bir şey satın aldım. Normal sürüme geri döndüğümde bu satın alma işlemi görünmüyor. Bu satın alma işlemi, final sürüm yayınlandığında uygulamada görünecek mi yoksa tekrar satın almam mı gerekecek? Şu anda oyun satın alma geçmişinde deneme sürümü olarak mı listeleniyor?

Edited by Metin Bilgin
Yazım hatası

9 hours ago, gerstlauer said:

Sie haben wie viel bezahlt, 1 £? 2 £? Vor zehn Jahren, und Sie ärgern sich über die Möglichkeit, für 1 £ (für mich aktuell 0,39 £) zusätzliche Funktionen zu bezahlen, die vollkommen optional sind, obwohl Sie noch immer einen voll funktionsfähigen Player haben, der sich seit der ersten Zahlung enorm verbessert hat?

Für die meisten Softwareprogramme kostet heutzutage das 10- bis 100-fache des ursprünglichen Kaufpreises für eine Jahreslizenz.

Ich verstehe nicht, warum die Leute solche Illusionen hinsichtlich des Werts mobiler Apps haben.

You don't understand my intention behind my statement, can that be? The essence of my statement is that I'm not a fan of buying full versions and then adding in-app purchases to the app years later. Over the years, there have been many apps that had an unlocker at the beginning and then broke due to in-app purchases. I have no problem giving a small sum for development, but then on a voluntary basis. I'm very picky about this because it's a matter of principle for me.

2 hours ago, Allstar said:

The essence of my statement is that I'm not a fan of buying full versions and then adding in-app purchases to the app years later.

This statement alone speaks volumes. Years of use for an app that you enjoy regularly, and continues to work as intended, is what most apps deliver.

But in the case of Poweramp where many users have asked for more and more features to be added should come at a cost. It is only these new features that are a premium. Don't want them? Don't buy them. Simple.  

Hello, I spent 9.48 USD to buy the website version of Poweramp on July 9, 2020. After nearly two months, it was finally updated, but the content of this update confused me. It seems that the subsequent upgrade package has nothing to do with the website version. If I want to experience the latest features, I have to go to the Google Store and buy it again. Is this true?

And I wonder if there will be an alternative way to purchase Feature Packages, it's complicated to pay in Google Store at China. 🥲

Well, using the Gift Cards seems to be the only way for me.

21 hours ago, Bencherished said:

I will not blame anyone who is not okay with this in-app purchase, especially if the person is a new user. 

The unlocker should be the key to whatever that is in app, many new users will not welcome this style. 

I suggested that the price of the unlocker should be raised for new users, and price slash for old users, but I guess, the way to go about it is the problem. 

I bought Poweramp a long time ago, and I've really enjoyed it, so paying extra is not a problem, but what about the new comers? 

Bencherished 

If you looked at previous discussions or even just the screenshot attached to this new update, you'd see that people who recently purchased the Poweramp unlocker get the feature pack included in their purchase.

57 minutes ago, LPW00 said:

If you looked at previous discussions or even just the screenshot attached to this new update, you'd see that people who recently purchased the Poweramp unlocker get the feature pack included in their purchase.

I think that's just for installs done in the last 30 days. I had a phone installed on the 27th of July which had the feature pack active as part of recent purchase, today on the 28th of August it switched over to offering a purchase. So I believe this is a bit like the 30 day free trial on new installs.

Note that I bought PA on google many years ago, but in this case it was a install on a new phone.

5 minutes ago, 6b6561 said:

I think that's just for installs done in the last 30 days. I had a phone installed on the 27th of July which had the feature pack active as part of recent purchase, today on the 28th of August it switched over to offering a purchase. So I believe this is a bit like the 30 day free trial on new installs.

Note that I bought PA on google many years ago, but in this case it was a install on a new phone.

Right, if you purchased the unlocker before the release of the feature pack there's some sort of a grace period. Anyone who purchases the unlocker from this point onwards will, from my understanding, have the feature pack included in their purchase.

3 minutes ago, LPW00 said:

Right, if you purchased the unlocker before the release of the feature pack there's some sort of a grace period. Anyone who purchases the unlocker from this point onwards will, from my understanding, have the feature pack included in their purchase.

My unlocker was purchased 2013. The strange thing was that the device installed on the 27th of August showed the package as included, and now it popped over to being available for discounted purchase. So this isn't really logical.