Poweramp builds 961-970

maxmp

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: how to remove notification in case i don't need Poweramp running anymore?

Build 965, MIUI 14, Android 13. 

The only way i know is to force-stop player, which looks hacky and not convenient at all.

IMG_20230624_115301.jpg

1 hour ago, of them said:

Question: how to remove notification in case i don't need Poweramp running anymore?

Build 965, MIUI 14, Android 13. 

The only way i know is to force-stop player, which looks hacky and not convenient at all.

IMG_20230624_115301.jpg

See here:

Specifically:

All editions:

- Android 13+ shows media notification differently for the Target SDK 33 apps, additional actions (Shuffle/Repeat) are shown and unified with other media consumers, such as Android Auto.

-- Depending on firmware, the look of the notification is also slightly changed

- on Android 13+ Keep Media Notification is enabled by default and it now always keeps notification on pause.

-- The player is unloaded in 5 seconds of paused state, as previously

- Android 13+ notification/Auto icons updated to match system media icons

- on Android 13+ the close action (X) is not available anymore

@of them hit pause to pause and if you don't need notification, swipe it away. Alternatively use non-standard notification, but that will be notification, not media control and it may conflict with it depending on the firmware.

@of them Poweramp never force stopped by X. Force stopping Poweramp (if it's playing) will cause Android to reload Poweramp process. Poweramp unloads its service within 5 seconds of inactivity. The X button previously paused player and removed notification. Now this is 2 separate actions.

We can't use X now as this is propagated to other places, such as Android Auto and there is no way to provide separate buttons to Auto and to Media notification. Also Google forces us to follow appropriate UI pattern (swipe notification away to remove it). You can still try to use old style notification via Poweramp settings.

3 hours ago, of them said:

Thanks for the response! However, swiping don't work in the latest build. Is it intentional or a bug?

Works for me on A13 - though I'll admit I'm on a "reasonably" stock Samsung.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@of them it should work. I would suggest using Restore defaults once in Settings / Look and feel / Notifications. Thanks!

Tried just now. After restoring defaults, notification disappears immediately on hitting "pause". no time to swipe. After changing "Keep Media Notification" to "ON" notification is there permanently, swipe doesn't work.

8 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@of them not directly reproducible for the test devices I have handy. Are you able to swipe away other media players? The Android API has no any mention or a way to block this swiping away, so I guess this is a firmware issue or feature.

Tried other media players including Youtube - none of these notifications are swipable. So, i guess, Xiaomi did something in this version.

Exact firmware details:

Xiaomi MIX Fold 2

Android 13

MIUI 14.0.9 stock version, latest available

@maxmp thanks for the response!

@of them thanks for trying. I think for cases like this I can add option to replace one of the buttons with X (repeat or shuffle). This still will be propagated to Auto interface and other media UIs, so the option will properly work only for the notification use case.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@of them thanks for trying. I think for cases like this I can add option to replace one of the buttons with X (repeat or shuffle). This still will be propagated to Auto interface and other media UIs, so the option will properly work only for the notification use case.

Appreciated. Would be very useful

Regards,

Alexander 

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@dooz Hard to say without any more detailed info. Can you enable these apps as Known Players but not hear any difference in sound when you make adjustments, or can you not enable them at all?

Andre

hi i have a xiaomi 12 with miui xiaomi 14 i have my dumb enaled,i  have all my kown players on tidal, youtube etc on my poco f3 when i played music from tidal Equalizer just automaically launched, i dont have the app restcricted as i said when i play a music app the Equalzer does not lauch with it ,i dont know what other details you need.thanks

Hello,

I am on version build-965 (Using on two devices), I have the same problem while streaming from a http stream. It doesn't always start when it pauses it doesn't resume and keeps spinning I have to retry 15 times to start again. This started on the last playstore update. On one of my devices I rolled back to build 956 having no problem. I ll just be careful and not upgrade, but a fix would be nice. Thank you.

This new version has a bug, Last week, I download the new version and it works fine until yesterday, it suddenly crashes twice and after that it is asking me where do I purchase the Poweramp full version unlocker which I purchase it in Playstore 2015 and it is already almost 8 years and it is asking me order id which I do not know where to find it. I restart my phone and I tried to open it again it is the same issue. It is still asking me my email address and order id and I feel frustrated and disappointed already, I uninstall the Poweramp full version unlocker and reinstall it and ALL THE PLAYLIST ARE GONE!!! I DO NOT HAVE OPTION TO IMPORT IT DURING THOSE POP-UP ASKING ME THE ORDER ID AND EMAIL ADDRESS AND NOW I AM BACK TO ZERO FOR ALMOST 8 YEARS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME HAPPEN...WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW WITH THIS? i AM VERY SO DISAPPOINTED... I search on google how to find the order id and I found it here is the Order Id GPA.1379-8413-9773-66338...Now is there a chance to recover my Playlist?

Screenshot_20230630-132718_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20230630-135303_Brave - Nightly.jpg

Edited by Bulletcross

@Bulletcross You don't say what version you downloaded or from where, was it a Play Store updated or the build 965 update from here on the website? I'm going to assume you mean 965. I rather doubt the update caused your problem, it  sounds more like there was some crash which could have happened at any time (might have been caused by an issue with Poweramp, or a wider external issue in Android, it's hard to tell now).

Updating to 965 using a website download should not change your Play Store app status, the only thing that should revert it to asking for an ID and email would be if you clean-installed the website-download "uni" version - i.e. freshly as a new app - rather than simply installing it over your current Google-based setup.

To restore your licenced status, you should be able to simply re-install the unlocker app from the Play Store (making sure you are still using the same Google account).

Removing/reinstalling the unlocker app will not have caused your playlists to disappear. You haven't said what type of Playlists these are, so I'm going to assume you mean ones that you created manually within the Poweramp app using the '+Playlist' button, rather than ones loaded from existing external .M3U or .PLS playlist files. Internal playlists are stored within PA's master music database, and if they have vanished then it sounds like something has corrupted or deleted that database and potentially caused your installation to be treated as a new install - just like if you cleared app data manually, or uninstalled/reinstalled the original Poweramp app.

Unfortunately, your options are probably going to pretty limited if the database has been fatally corrupted, cleared, or otherwise lost. Did you make a backup of your Poweramp setup recently, using PA Settings=>Export Settings/Data ? If so, you can easily restore everything, including playlists, from that backup using the matching Import feature. Another possibility would be if you have exported them as physical playlist files (.M3U8) at some point. You could then re-load the content from those exported files. But sadly as with any sort of backup, it needs to have been done before a problem occurs, as once the data is lost there is nothing available to recover.

Andre

Hi Andrewiley, yes it is the version built in 965 that I download last week before it happen the issue. I download the latest version here in the website and before the issue happen, I did not uninstall and reinstall the app... It just crashes twice yesterday and then the pop up appear all of a sudden and ask me where did I purchase the unlocker and asking me to enter the email address and order id. This was only happen for the first time and it never happen to me for the past 8 yrs. ago since I purchase the unlocker. The playlist was all manual added and they were added according to bands name and solo artist. Now its all gone and I have 56000+ songs that are installed in my phone now I am going to manually added again and It is a pain into the ass...

3 hours ago, Bulletcross said:

The playlist was all manual added and they were added according to bands name and solo artist. Now its all gone and I have 56000+ songs that are installed in my phone now I am going to manually added again and It is a pain into the ass...

Unfortunately, unless you kept a backup, or have previously saved your Settings, anything that was stored solely within in the local database in the phone (Settings, Ratings, Play Counts, Playlists, etc) is probably gone if that database has crashed or become corrupted in some way. You could try Exporting Settings now (if you can get in) but I don't think there will be anything there to save. I wish there was something else I could suggest, but backups generally do need to be done before a problem occurs rather than after.

Having done everything that you can, I would then suggest fully uninstalling and then re-installing the Trial version of the app from the Play Store, then the Unlocker from the Play Store, and finally the website update file to 965 - or just wait for it to be rolled out via the Play Store anyway, which will probably be fairly soon I suspect.

Andre