Poweramp builds 961-970

maxmp

5 minutes ago, Mukul Kalsait said:

I am using extarnal DAC fiio KA3 .... Most times it works seamlessly but sometimes I experiance glitches between song like every 15- 20 second 

Is this just between songs, or during songs? Have you tried setting the output method back to default, or to a different method, and see if you still have the same issue? You could also try increasing the buffer size in the Settings page for the Output method you have chosen, especially if these are high-res FLAC files for example.

Andre

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this update, my EQ presets are not always applied to the assigned Bluetooth device. I tried to re-save and re-assign all of them to their respective devices, but randomly I noticed they were not picked.

Right after the update, none of them worked and I got a random preset instead with the bass over the top, I thought I had broken my headphones. Re-assigning them worked to avoid this, however, I still need to check each time I switch devices as it is not as reliable as it was before.

Not sure this was mentioned before, I have not read the whole thread.

On 7/21/2023 at 6:04 PM, mirko77 said:

Since this update, my EQ presets are not always applied to the assigned Bluetooth device. I tried to re-save and re-assign all of them to their respective devices, but randomly I noticed they were not picked.

Right after the update, none of them worked and I got a random preset instead with the bass over the top, I thought I had broken my headphones. Re-assigning them worked to avoid this, however, I still need to check each time I switch devices as it is not as reliable as it was before.

Not sure this was mentioned before, I have not read the whole thread.

I can consistently reproduce this issue with the presets not being applied to the connected BT device, but a default one with overpowered bass is applied instead.

1 - I connect my BT headphones (Q20) and their preset is correctly applied

image.thumb.jpeg.201419e143e32ec0b565c3662f364333.jpeg

I start my car, the car Bluetooth takes over and the car preset (Toyota) is correctly applied. My headphones are still on and in my ears.

image.thumb.jpeg.a42878f5ca3e710a35b1b11a3776ef47.jpeg

At this point, I turn my car off, the headphones Bluetooth takes over, and their preset SEEMS to be applied back, but after a few seconds, it is switched to a default one instead.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ffeefdf9758dc0e48ced437bc4c6e00.jpeg

If I tap on the "Preset" button, I get this:

image.thumb.jpeg.742108189288142c96a335fa956955bf.jpeg

which explains why I was having an overpowered bass when switching devices. Mind my headphones are still connected and I just need to press play to resume the music

I tried to delete that default preset (I never created it myself I am sure) but the delete icon is greyed out.... So I set it to a flat EQ not to blow my ears at least, but still, that gets applied all the time. It never happened before the update. Do I need to downgrade to the previous version?

Thanks for your help

Edited by mirko77

@mirko77 When playing audio that has triggered an incorrct EQ preset, what do you see in the Audio Info display as the current Output (long-press on the metadata line at the bottom of the Player Screen)?

If it's showing a different Output device to the one actually in use, do you have any other BT devices connected at the same time, such as a Smart Watch?

Andre

@andrewilley No other BT devices, if the car is off only the BT headphones are paired. 

However, I went ahead and downgraded to 941-945 and I confirm everything works fine again with that build. The correct preset is always picked.

Re-updated to 961-967 to give you an answer. This is the audio output when I resume the music playback on the headphones:

image.thumb.jpeg.b8bffcda1f3a9cd7e754a0a5c35be741.jpeg

And this is the list of Bluetooth devices currently active (only the headphones)
image.thumb.jpeg.572e87c38f2c5fb78d2d4c9dc6f7a687.jpeg

Poweramp thinks I am not using the headphones anymore, despite them being connected and music playing through. The only way to have the headphones as the audio output again is to disconnect and reconnect them. At that point, the correct preset is picked.

image.thumb.jpeg.462b735c1adacfcb58a903b23bf3eec1.jpeg

Edited by mirko77

@andrewilley the glitches are in songs only not between changing songs , and yes all are lossless files that i use i hardly can remember any mp3 in my library, i have about 260gb songs in Samsung sd card ...

Do you think the SD card speed is culprit, but it works fine sometimes.

Anyways i will use default output method and try to increase the buffer size and let you know , i hope it work....

Thankyou for your reply 

The 'auto eq' feature applied to this build 967 version is amazing! The build 967 version has a 'eq' of many earphones, headphones. How many earphones, headphones in total currently have 'eq' in build 967 version?

Screenshot_20230725-124951_Poweramp.jpg

On 7/25/2023 at 8:42 AM, TIMO said:

So I'm curious about the number of earphones and headphones eq registered in auto eq. 200ea? 300ea?

I think the AutoEQ database is in excess of 10,000 presets. Most headsets have more than one preset available though, so the actual number of devices would be smaller.  

Andre

On 7/26/2023 at 5:33 PM, andrewilley said:

I think the AutoEQ database is in excess of 10,000 presets. Most headsets have more than one preset available though, so the actual number of devices would be smaller.  

Andre

It's amazing that there are 10,000. Thanks to your hard work, I always listen to good music through the Poweramp App. Thank you.

SAMSUNG Galaxy Note8 (Poweramp App) + FiiO BTR7 + Dahlia Audio Barbatos Cable (MMCX / 4.4mm Balanced Plug) + beyerdynamic XELENTO

PSX_20230723_110205.jpg

Edited by TIMO

1 hour ago, maestro30k said:

Tracks counts as played regardless of how long its been played. Plus it counts when track is skipped.

Just tested this, and yes that does seem to be occurring in build 970. Pause playback, and just skip back and forth multiple times with >> and <<, and the play counter increments with every skip.

Andre

@winte w what are your split character settings? Also can you please share this song with gpmaxmpz@gmail.com? There are no any changes to library scanner for these series of builds, so it must be some previous/old issue or some option affecting tag scanning (Full Rescan most probably should fix that). Thanks!