Poweramp builds 948-957

maxmp

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

That's interesting, that's exactly what I was talking about in my previous message last night. But it doesn't seem to be working for me on build 951 with some lyrics that I modified to test - either as a LRC file or when embedded into USLT. I wonder what the difference between our content is, as clearly it's working fine with your real-world example.

Andre

Don't really know the differences, I have tested the lyrics in different ways, and it still works as I ever wanted to.

Maybe you could try to redownload the app and test it again?Screenshot_2023-02-04-11-16-10-271_com.xjcheng.musictageditor.thumb.jpg.047afe03646c243223810da3f234ea17.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-04-11-15-45-449_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.d888f0a0b210e2a9be477d385f832d40.jpg

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@maxmp @andrewilley

2 hours ago, Loweaul said:

Don't really know the differences, I have tested the lyrics in different ways, and it still works as I ever wanted to.

Maybe you could try to redownload the app and test it again?Screenshot_2023-02-04-11-16-10-271_com.xjcheng.musictageditor.thumb.jpg.047afe03646c243223810da3f234ea17.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-04-11-15-45-449_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.d888f0a0b210e2a9be477d385f832d40.jpg

Well,I have looked through the Chinese Forum for trouble shooting,lots of people talk about this issue, which is some of the users can see the correct display of lyrics, but the others are NOT, so maybe it can still be an issue that waiting to be solved. 

By the way, all of those users are using the latest version 951.

@Loweaul It's strange isn't it, I wonder what the differences are? I'm obviously using the latest PA builds but for me any duplicated lyrics, added to me test file in exactly the way you show yours, don't highlight the multiple lines at the same time regardless of how I add them. It's the same whether I use a separate LRC file or an embedded ID3 USLT tag. I'll send Max a copy of my test file to see if we can work out why I see different results to you (and presumably why the other Chinese users are seeing the same as me).

My lyric data is very similar in format to yours. I tried with the duplicate items at the start of the content, at the end, or inline:

[00:32.50]--- Duplicate of "fly to the moon" Timecode 0:32.50 (at start of file)
[00:07.14]I blame you for the moonlit sky
[00:10.58]And the dream that died
[00:12.50]With the Eagle's flight
[00:16.83]I blame you for the moonlit nights
[00:20.21]When I wonder why
[00:23.00]Are the seas still dry?
[00:26.58]Don't blame this sleeping satellite
[00:32.50]Did we fly to the moon too soon?
[00:32.50]--- Duplicate of "fly to the moon" Timecode 0:32.50 (inline)
[00:35.02]Did we squander the chance
[00:37.00]In the rush of the race
[04:01.59]Don't blame this sleeping satellite
[00:32.50]--- Duplicate of "fly to the moon" Timecode 0:32.50 (at end of file)

As you can see, all four lines are neatly sorted and displayed correctly in the list - even down to being sorted in the order that the identical codes first appear in the file, which is perfect - but only the final one ever gets highlighted during playback:

image.png

Andre

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

that means if those lines are not sorted in the LRC they won't be joined.

That's it, that was what was causing my tests to fail. When I edited the LRC file so two duplicate timecodes were as adjacent lines in the original text, PA correctly highlighted both lines during playback.

I think the logic should be applied post-sorting though - so that ALL lines with the same timecode are first sorted together (which already happens perfectly) and then during playback they are all highlighted together. This currently doesn't happen if some of the lines were originally culled from elsewhere in the file.

Changing this logic would presumably resolve the reported Chinese users' issues too, where a common layout appears to have an initial set of timecoded lyrics in one language, and then a second duplicate block (with the same timecodes repeated) in a different language variant. This sort of file format is shown in the first screenshot in this post:

Andre

@andrewilley yeah, if cases with non-sorted LRC happens out of there (another non-standard LRC extension), I think this can be implemented, though this complicates sorting/parsing - we should sort by timestamps but also we should sort by order in the LRC file (otherwise joined strings will have random position within their glued "block", i.e. translation could be on top).

Thanks Max, build 952 now works perfectly for my test lyrics data, all lines with the same timecode are now highlighted at the same time.

@UFOGO2 could you let us know if the files you mentioned earlier are now working as you expected?

13 hours ago, Loweaul said:

Well,I have looked through the Chinese Forum for trouble shooting,lots of people talk about this issue, which is some of the users can see the correct display of lyrics, but the others are NOT, so maybe it can still be an issue that waiting to be solved.

Could you ask in the Chinese forum whether the just-released build 952 fixes this issue for more users?

Andre

Good evening everybody. I tried to test the lates .952 Version on my Poco F4 with the latest xiaomi.eu Rom but after some minutes I need to revert to the old stable .945 version. Reason for that was that the sound was not satisfying for me. I have used hi-res for the last years via a wired headset on it and that was no problem. In the new version the sound is different, hard to describe. Settings were the same as before but it sounded like bad audio quality or lets say "darker" I dont know how to describe it else. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to the dev and the community.

4 hours ago, Eclipse1991 said:

Good evening everybody. I tried to test the lates .952 Version on my Poco F4 with the latest xiaomi.eu Rom but after some minutes I need to revert to the old stable .945 version. Reason for that was that the sound was not satisfying for me. I have used hi-res for the last years via a wired headset on it and that was no problem. In the new version the sound is different, hard to describe. Settings were the same as before but it sounded like bad audio quality or lets say "darker" I dont know how to describe it else. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to the dev and the community.

I think if the audio engine was reworked, we would have heard about it.

Edited by andrewilley
Removed comment about other users

I have upgraded the latest version, and the issue 1 & 2 are now solved, the Lyrics Lines are correctly highlighted both of them, the Lyrics Background is displayed the correct color from the album art, the Library Background color is designed by the track album art that I start at the same time, and the List Background is designed by the List album art.

So everything is perfect now, the correct display of the lyrics and the Lyrics BackgroundScreenshot_2023-02-05-09-01-11-921_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.be876d5b9164b4c3c89652397d99f6d0.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-05-09-00-40-954_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.c8183518cf3243bd988a55bfa15d1896.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-05-09-00-47-092_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.514a0bc138a559d5fd84ba15b8222618.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-05-09-01-05-308_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.8f9b488c9dc3d343eb9f5f4828f9f49a.jpg

Edited by Loweaul
got wrong in first posting

1 hour ago, Eclipse1991 said:

@Fitzian Im really not joking, I heard a difference and for the moment I have installed the latest stable version again. I dont know what the cause was unfortunately.

If that says so, what about deleting it and reinstalling the older version you want?

2 hours ago, Loweaul said:

One of the users said the lyrics can be displayed in a correct way, some of the others are waiting for the Google Store update.

I'll report the new issue on time if there will be some.

Thanks, hopefully 952 will now work as per their expectations. As Max has said, there are so many ad hoc variations of lyric content in the wild (there being very little by way of official spec) it's hard to track and handle all of the differences.

If anyone still experiences issues, please could you re-post the details here - or maybe ask them to join in with this forum (using Google Translate to post if necessary) to help diagnose the exact problem? Thanks.

Andre

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Thanks Max, build 952 now works perfectly for my test lyrics data, all lines with the same timecode are now highlighted at the same time.

@UFOGO2 could you let us know if the files you mentioned earlier are now working as you expected?

Could you ask in the Chinese forum whether the just-released build 952 fixes this issue for more users?

Andre

Yes,that's right. But I still hope you can add suspended window lyrics, then it will be the best music player in Android^_^Collage_20230205_171933.thumb.jpg.cfe30c2c411f85fb66ec61fa2f027bdc.jpg

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Thanks, hopefully 952 will now work as per their expectations. As Max has said, there are so many ad hoc variations of lyric content in the wild (there being very little by way of official spec) it's hard to track and handle all of the differences.

If anyone still experiences issues, please could you re-post the details here - or maybe ask them to join in with this forum (using Google Translate to post if necessary) to help diagnose the exact problem? Thanks.

Andre

Of course, I'll keep in touch.

8 minutes ago, Eclipse1991 said:

Thats exactly what I did. I will stay on .945 for the moment.

As an experiment, could you try build 945 and do a Restore Defaults on the Outputs menu, and compare that with the results if you do the same thing after re-updating to 952 ? Make sure DVC mode, EQ, ReplayGain, etc are set the same for an accurate comparison. The settings you are using in 945 should be clean out-of-the-box defaults anyway, as rolling back to a lower build number requires a clean install.

Andre

40 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

As an experiment, could you try build 945 and do a Restore Defaults on the Outputs menu, and compare that with the results if you do the same thing after re-updating to 952 ? Make sure DVC mode, EQ, ReplayGain, etc are set the same for an accurate comparison. The settings you are using in 945 should be clean out-of-the-box defaults anyway, as rolling back to a lower build number requires a clean install.

Andre

Hello and thanks for your reply. I made a backup in 952 of the settings and manually backed up my playlists. Then I reinstalled .945 and Imported the backup. Playlists were automatically there again. Everything is working like it did before now. I can try your hint next week and then I can report it.

@Eclipse1991 as there were no any changes to audio engine in 948+ it can be some setting (which is reset to default when you roll back). Please be more specific about it so we can identify the possible issue. If it's volume related - it is something with DVC (esp. if you're using bluetooth device), where DVC mode is not applied, or absolute volume not detected properly, etc.

On 2/3/2023 at 3:57 PM, maxmp said:

@Airsculpture some firmwares allow only one direct output (artificial limitation) and that direct output can be locked/used by other player. Poweramp then obviously can't use it and fallbacks to standard definition. 

Thanks for the feedback. Rebooting seems to free it up then it defaults to 192k on any file. Doesn't effect sound quality, just seems unnecessary upsampling. Not a killer but just an observational change from Build 939 to anything after that build.

2 hours ago, Mandolo5758 said:

Can the highlight lyric be displayed in the main screen please?

In some of the older request threads about lyrics, people were asking for an option for synced lyrics to be displayed on the main player screen. The most logical option seemed to be to float about 3-4 scrolling lines over the album artwork area, with the current line highlighted as per the current display. Is that the sort of thing you are asking for, as it does seem nice idea (light text with a black border, to ensure it's always visible).

There's not much point in having static/fixed lyrics displayed over the player screen though, as you'd quickly need to scroll them and you can already do that by simply dragging up on the artwork area anyway.

Andre