Poweramp builds 922-925

maxmp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, cooltree said:

When will huawei appstore receive the new release? It's nearly a year since the last release.🤕

I can't speak for the App Gallery, but you can always download and install the latest versions whenever you want from here on the support website.

Andre

I´ve been using Poweramp for more than 3 years without any problems on my Fiio M11. But now in release 922-925 every time when I launch Poweramp  it does a full rescan of the library. It seems to loose all its data every time it is shut down or the Fiio is turned off. I have more than 22.000 tiles on my 2 sd cards so the rescan takes a lot of time. Does anyone have a solution for my problem?

No rescan activity and no problems concerning the folder path on my phone but Poweramp is loosing playlist artwork from time to time. Pictures previously allocated within the app and stored on sd (same as music folder). 

Samsung A72, Android 12, build 925

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

@Normann I would suggest keeping the main app and its data cache folders (for cover artwork etc) on local device storage. 

Good Idea!

Main app is kept on the internal storage, but artwork folder is not. So i'll try to copy it to internal and give it a new path.

Thank you! 👍

Btw- I never experienced any problems with that music folder on sd. Once assigned (half a year before) and reliably approved until now, even after having Android 12 installed. 

19 minutes ago, Normann said:

Main app is kept on the internal storage, but artwork folder is not.

I don't think you can have the app installed on main memory and have artwork cached on SD Card. Android 12 definitely changes the rules on storage access though.

Andre

41 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I don't think you can have the app installed on main memory and have artwork cached on SD Card. Android 12 definitely changes the rules on storage access though.

Andre

Oh no, my songs are completely tagged including all artwork!

It's just about the artwork headers of playlists, showing any pictures from my device's photo folder. Those disappear from time to time. 

Playlists showing the artwork of the first song I put into a respective list are not affected. 

Screenshot_20220216-022349_cropped.thumb.png.e8be956a97a573a6fa6b0d4cf01b0dc2.png

7 hours ago, Aaron Caldwell said:

I have had many issues since updating to 925 a couple weeks ago.  How can I go back to the previous build? Thanks

You can roll back to older versions via the Downloads tab (some minor-change interim builds are overwritten, so the numbers may jump a bit). Note: you will need to uninstall first before you can install an older version, so make sure you backup your settings, playlists, ratings, etc so you can restore them after you make the change. Also turn off auto-updates in the Play Store for a bit or it will just update you to the newer version again.

https://forum.powerampapp.com/files/category/2-poweramp-v3-latest-releases/

However it would be more useful generally to allow whatever issues you are experiencing to be identified and fixed. Log files from the latest version might be needed to discover what is causing your particular isolated issues. 

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Kloppstock said:

Have anybody else noticed with this version the leassure-life-time-threatning effect that when  adding a music track to a playlist now take 15 seconds before it resolve into "done" 

If it's a large playlist, the process of re-writing the whole thing (which is now done for safety) can get hampered by Android's media scanner trying to look at every file. Try putting a .nomedia file in the same folder (or an upper music level) to stop Android from scanning that area.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

If it's a large playlist, the process of re-writing the whole thing (which is now done for safety) can get hampered by Android's media scanner trying to look at every file. Try putting a .nomedia file in the same folder (or an upper music level) to stop Android from scanning that area.

Andre

But isnt it necessary to be able to scan that area? if i add a media file i want it to appear from that folder

I have 14 subfolders containing various gb in each. So i guess you want me to copy my new created  ".nomedia" file to each of this subfolders.?

Edited by Kloppstock

48 minutes ago, Kloppstock said:

But isnt it necessary to be able to scan that area? 

Poweramp ignores .nomedia files, it uses its own Music Folders menu to select where to scan. What you want to do it stop Android from scanning the same locations at the same time. You don't have to place a .nomedia in every subfolder, just one placed in the top level music folder will suffice to stop Android looking at any of its subfolders. For this specific issue, it may even be sufficient to just place a .nomedia file in your playlists folder.

See also:

Andre

On 3/1/2022 at 7:44 PM, andrewilley said:

Poweramp ignores .nomedia files, it uses its own Music Folders menu to select where to scan. What you want to do it stop Android from scanning the same locations at the same time. You don't have to place a .nomedia in every subfolder, just one placed in the top level music folder will suffice to stop Android looking at any of its subfolders. For this specific issue, it may even be sufficient to just place a .nomedia file in your playlists folder.

See also:

Andre

Yes it worked to place it in playlist-folder just, thank you