Poweramp builds 922-925

maxmp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Aaron Caldwell said:

Recently updated to build 925 and I am suddendly missing a ton of album artwork. Spent so much time adding this. What happened?

The downloaded artwork files will still be there, but your music has for some reason not scanned correctly at the start of the session - note the filenames without any Title/Artist/Album info, showing the file has been found but no tag data was read.

Once PA has fully loaded, try a Full Rescan in Settings > Library.

Andre

@Aaron Caldwell Android version is important as Android versions are very different in file access approach. When replying here, if no Android version provided, I assume the latest (11/12).

In your case I see some files are accessible, some not. I guess you just have no those files available (no sd card, sd card has different path, etc.). In this case use Settings / Library / Music Folders, select proper folders, then use Full Rescan. 

Still ensure app has file access: long press Poweramp icon / (i) / Permissions / File access - should be Allowed. Poweramp asks for this permission on start, but if that previously denied, or manually set to not allowed, or automatically removed by any tools, then no access to files allowed.

@Aaron Caldwell unselecting folders in Music folders selection won’t affect your album art. Unselected folders and all the songs in them just disappear completely from Poweramp.

All music folders selection logic happens in that Music folders selection dialog, nothing outside of it can change it aside of resetting Poweramp data.

13 minutes ago, Aaron Caldwell said:

I could see and play files but they had no image. 

When you say you could see and play files but they had no image, did the related song information also vanish? So for example you may have seen just a filename in your chosen category list - such as filenames ending in .mp3 or .flac showing in the Albums list but without any song Title, Artist, Album or Duration information. If so, something may have caused the filename entry to remain, but without any scanned tag data. Tag wording (such as Artist and Title or Album) provides the structure that PA uses to construct the filename that is used to access any previously downloaded and cached artwork from the internal album_art data folder.

A similar issue has come up recently in another thread about playlists (https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/23077-reset-phone-reloaded-playlists-playlists-have-no-artwork) so there could be some underlying common reason.

Andre

On 2/4/2022 at 7:28 PM, Aaron Caldwell said:

Image Screenshot_20220204-192437_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.599a382ea23c5444d6313c7660425ac6.jpg

Update..Its doing it everyday. I select all and then I log back into Poweramp and half my collection is de-selected. These files are on a micro-sd card inside a Note 8. It just started doing this after the latest update. Another oddity is that my playlist are always changed from small grid view to list view.

@Aaron Caldwell Is it always the same folders that go missing? I'm wondering if somehow your recent changes are not being saved correctly when you exit the app? I would suggest completely uninstalling and start again with a fresh setup (remember to export any internal Playlists and Ratings/etc first as they will be lost otherwise)

Andre

On 1/21/2022 at 10:45 AM, andrewilley said:

The earlier bug with non-resuming of playback when raising the volume again after it has initially been paused by lowering the level to zero still seems to be present in build 923.

Still present in 925 by the way - did you manage to identify it, it's fairly easily reproducible?

Andre