Poweramp builds 922-925

maxmp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After updating to build 922 on a Lenovo TB-8705F (Android 10) the audio setting icon (3 vertical bars) is a lot larger compared to the other icons. The same happened to the Equalizer icon on the audio setting screen.

Regards

EDIT: The gear wheel icon in the cast menu is affected too.

Screenshot_2022-01-19-16-01-51-168.jpeg

Screenshot_2022-01-19-17-09-02-566.jpeg

After that update, and on the previous versions (since 918 I think) the app crashes randomly. Since 921 it crashes more often than on previous builds. It usualy crashes on second track I played in music playback session. For example - I use bt headset, it connects to the phone, and PA starts playing music, and on the beginning of the second track, PA just closes. I have to restart it manually form the app drawer, and then it plays music normally without any crash. It always works like this scenario.
I use Xiaomi mi 9T Pro with miui 12.5 based on android 11

Edited by yrek150

On a Samsung Galaxy A52 (Android 12) after PA restart language is always reset to the language of the operating system (in my case German). If I navigate to Einstellungen (settings)>Erscheinungsbild (look and feel) curiously Sprache (language) is set to English. If I choose English again PA switches the language, but after a restart PA is set to German.

Regards

Screenshot_20220120-162405_Poweramp.jpg

Build 923:

• fixed issue with Volume Levels option and volume changing on some devices
  • "Cast to" dialog devices list can be pinch-to-zoomed now
  • Bluetooth Absolute volume detection improvements
    • Note: some phones, such as OnePlus may keep Absolute volume for a few seconds on connection, causing volume spike
  • icons improved for tablets
  • bug fixes and stability improvements
  • translations updates

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 923:

• fixed issue with Volume Levels option and volume changing on some devices

The earlier bug with non-resuming of playback when raising the volume again after it has initially been paused by lowering the level to zero still seems to be present in build 923. It only happens with a large number of volume steps enabled (e.g. 76 or 100) rather then default stepping. It seems to be caused by the pause mode being triggered by volume level 2 rather than only at 0 - so when raising the volume back up again, getting to volume=1 resumes playback as expected, but the next step to volume=2 pauses it again.  

Andre

Number of volume level, on my phone I see default, 30, 51, 76 and 101. I noticed it from build no 922, and it's also present in 923, It's not a problem just want to point it out. 

Also when I was on settings - Audio - Output - Hi-Res - Bluetooth - DVC for Bluetooth page, the volume was going back and forth. (press up or down volume continuesly) 

Hi,

I am using galaxy s10 with oneui4 stable release i have issue that notification thumbnails arent synced with the music unless i pause the notification or skip to next sing from the notification only

If i skip to next song inapp it doesn't update the notification thumbnail for some reason

Screenshot_20220124-200325_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20220124-200329_Poweramp.jpg

@Ibrahimbo101 unfortunately this can't be reproduced on my test Samsung devices on Android 12 (including S10@Exynos). I test on default Poweramp (and system) settings, so it may be some option affecting this - so please backup Poweramp settings and send to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com.

Does this happen for the specific song or all songs affected? What is the source of the song (sd card, internal memory)?

Note that there can be a delay in notification update if image is downloaded at the moment (Poweramp will update notification only after download completes or fails).

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Ibrahimbo101 unfortunately this can't be reproduced on my test Samsung devices on Android 12 (including S10@Exynos). I test on default Poweramp (and system) settings, so it may be some option affecting this - so please backup Poweramp settings and send to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com.

Does this happen for the specific song or all songs affected? What is the source of the song (sd card, internal memory)?

Note that there can be a delay in notification update if image is downloaded at the moment (Poweramp will update notification only after download completes or fails).

- All of my songs affected it doesn't even update the song name in notification but keeps previous one till seeked manually 

- all of my songs embedded with thumbnails so it doesn't require downloading 

- my music folders are on external SD card most of them and 1 on internal storage 

-i'll send backup file in gmail

- another thing noticed everytime i skip to next song using bluettoth the equalizer reloads my Bluetooth present even if i set it to default no idea if that related but doesnt bother me 

Edited by Ibrahimbo101

@Ibrahimbo101 thanks for the settings and details.

Spoiler

There is clearly a bug in Samsung Android 12 media notification, as ROM updates notification only when notification is updated (logically), but not using any information from the notification itself (not so logically), but taking it from MediaSession (that is independent metadata about the song played. Android has like 3-4 of different metadata APIs written by different Android framework developer generations and we must use all of them, as they used in the different parts of Android randomly), which is updated at different time. Other Android 12 variants do notice MediaSession data change and update notification, but Samsung does not do that.

I added workaround in the next build-925.

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Ibrahimbo101 thanks for the settings and details.

Reveal hidden contents

There is clearly a bug in Samsung Android 12 media notification, as ROM updates notification only when notification is updated (logically), but not using any information from the notification itself (not so logically), but taking it from MediaSession (that is independent metadata about the song played. Android has like 3-4 of different metadata APIs written by different Android framework developer generations and we must use all of them, as they used in the different parts of Android randomly), which is updated at different time. Other Android 12 variants do notice MediaSession data change and update notification, but Samsung does not do that.

I added workaround in the next build-925.

Works perfectly now thanks boss!