Apple music will not show up in known players

Go to solution Solved by Backsilent99,

Ok, I reproduced the issue - Apple Music does not send Audio Session Id for 2nd+ track in playlists. They constantly manipulate Audio Sessions - rookie mistake, devs unaware of Android audio system internals.

It seems to work if Crossfade is enabled in Apple Music settings. Crossfade duration could be set to 0 if no crossfade is needed. Multiple sessions still created, but those are reported to Equalizer.

PS Sending one audio session id on player/track start is very hard for developers to comprehend, few do this right. I guess mostly due to the low number of the apps using this, lack of the user feedback, and lack of the documentation (actually, not), but we'll change that:-)

• 3 weeks later...

@Backsilent99 see my post above - Apple music works out of box with the latest Equalizer build.

If it doesn’t work for you please be more specific regarding your device, Android, Apple music, Equalizer versions. This may help to reproduce the issue. 

Try resetting Equalizer Known Players / Apple Music settings to defaults. Also try setting Apple music crossfade to automatic. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

@maxmp  I tried everything you asked to, but unfortunately couldn't get it working.

My device : Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro

Android Version: 12 SKQ1.210908.001

Apple Music version: 4.0.0

Poweramp EQ build: 937-940.

Even though the app is showing in known players , but the EQ is not working properly. I have given the dump and notification permission. And also the Equalizer won't show anything more than 48khz . I also use the Poweramp player , no such problems there.

Please help me out with this .

What I mean is that I have set a pretty bass heavy profile on my Poweramp EQ , which can be easily distinguished when turned on or off, but when listening to apple music, even though the EQ is on, I still can't hear the bass profile at all, it's just the plain audio, which stays the same even if I turn of the Equalizer.

And this issue is more prominent on my Realme Buds Wireless 2. They do support LDAC.