As more and more of us move to using subscription services (Spotify/Google Music/Apple Music/etc) to satiate our constantly changing moods and preferences for music, it would be awesome to keep the same audio quality that Poweramp provides and even listen to some of our own personal catalogue seamlessly.

Ah that's true. There is a pre-release app on the store atm called SonarWorks that seems to have Spotify Premium integration, granted they likely have some special channels that allow them to do that, maybe it could be something you might be able to look into. The app EQ doesn't offer much customisability and relies on their own database of 'referenced' frequency responses of headphones but obviously this limits subjective tastes and source matching.

I think making that available would be great help for many audiophiles who don't have to time or resources to maintain a wide library of files (and want to support the artists in some way and not pirate everything) but also want more control of their experience 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/20/2018 at 11:43 AM, maxmp said:

These services don't expose their streams for 3rd party apps, and if hacked, app ban on Play is imminent.
Though, I have GM downloader implementation, may be I can release it as non-Play distributed plugin.

What happened to this? it would be really cool to have this integration, i absolutely love the interface of Poweramp v3 and love the music availability on spotify. Would love to see them in combination and would definetly safe MUCH time!

• 3 months later...

At this moment different approach chosen with the equalization app that brings equalizer/tone and other goodies from Poweramp to Spotify and other players. The resulting sound is very close to what you get from Poweramp and differs from other equalization apps out of there. Will work only for Android 9+ though. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, maxmp said:

At this moment different approach chosen with the equalization app that brings equalizer/tone and other goodies from Poweramp to Spotify and other players. The resulting sound is very close to what you get from Poweramp and differs from other equalization apps out of there. Will work only for Android 9+ though. Thanks!

How is this possible? How can i use the Poweramp goodies / equalizer in spotify?

• 2 months later...

With the subscription of Spotify music, I download the songs inside the app and listen to them offline. Later I got a Spotify Music Converter to get MP3 files. Then I successfully upload the songs to my MP3 players and enjoy the music with no network connection. With no subcription now, I can still keep the songs on my players. 

Edited by andrewilley
Link to downloader tool removed

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

@Hewbhurt Gabon As I understand it (caveat: I could be well wrong, I'm not the programmer) the PA-EQ app and the main PA app work differently in terms of audio manipulation. The main PA app does all of its audio processing internally using its own code, before passing the final modified sound over to the Output device. The PA-EQ app on the other hand, although the interface looks similar, works by asking the Android audio subsystems to make the required changes to the sound, so very little sound modification actually occurs directly within the app code itself. Thus some features are only available in one app or the other. Again, this is just as I understand the process.

Andre

• 1 year later...

Spotify's offline songs are encrypted and stored within the Spotify app itself, and they can only be played within the Spotify app. Spotify uses a digital rights management (DRM) system to protect the songs and ensure that they cannot be accessed or played outside of the Spotify app. Within the Spotify app, you can access and play the songs you've downloaded for offline listening without an internet connection. Please note that this feature is only available to Spotify Premium subscribers. But you could also use some third-party music converters such as DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter, TunesFun Spotify Music Converter, or TunesSolo Spotify Music Converter to do this.