Moving a track in a playlist changes playlist's order

xelaroc

Hello,

I don't know if it's already been reported before but I've noticed that when I move a track in a playlist (typically when I add a track to a playlist and I don't want it to be at the end so I move it up) it sometimes totally messes up the playlist's order of tracks.

[EDIT 2: same issue in Queue]

As I said, it typically happens when I move a track from the bottom of the playlist to somewhere above, in "fast mode". I've tried to reproduce this issue by just quickly moving a track around, and it messed up the order as well, here is the screen record of me doing it. Note the order of the tracks before & after I move the track around.

I insist on the fact that the track you drag has to be moved quickly for the bug to happen (either like in the video, or in "fast mode" when you drag the track to the top/bottom of the screen); it works fine when I drag the track somewhat slowly.

PA build: v3-build-882-arm64-play [882004-437be2ab]

[EDIT: tried with newer build 893 as andrewilley suggested, but it didn't solve the issue]

Device: Samsung Galaxy A71

Android version: 10

Thank you!

I can't duplicate this on an almost identical setup (Galaxy A70, Android 10). I'm using Poweramp build 893 though, so might be worth trying that. How often does it happen?

You don't need to leave the selection box ticked to move a song by the way, just pushing the slider thumb is sufficient (there has been a useful request to enable moving of multiple-selected items up and down in playlists, but that has not been implemented as yet).

Andre

Just install it from your Downloads folder. You may need to enable installation of APK files, it's often turned off by default in Android Settings (the system will prompt you if you need to).

Installing the latest version in this way won't affect your data or licence, and any newer Play Store updates in the future will still get installed automatically just as before.

Andre

@andrewilley Thank you for your answer.

I've made the update (build 893), but the issue is still there: I've reproduced the exact same experience I did in the video, and got a similar result.

To answer to your "how often" question, I guess it happens everytime but I don't remember checking if the order changed everytime I added a song to my playlist. Anyway, everytime I try to reproduce what I did in the video I get a similar result.

@andrewilley I'm using the default skin, and I haven't tried with external playlists (I only have internal playlists).

As I mentionned in the last edit of the original post, it only happens when the track dragged is moved somewhat quickly. When I reproduce what you did in your video at the same speed I don't notice any bug. Faster tho, it happens pretty everytime.

@andrewilley Oh ok I see.

I've just downloaded Poweramp on my old phone (PA build 882, Device : Sony Xperia XZ Premium, Android version : 8 ) to try to reproduce the experiment, and unsurprisingly I got the same results.

I've also tried with all the available View As options (line/list/etc.) and it appears the bug doesn't depend on that.

I think we'll have to wait on @maxmp on this one then, I can't duplicate it at all I'm afraid.

[Edit] OK, I tried moving a track from the bottom of a list to the top with a lengthy bout of frantic finger-waving :) and I can now see the same effect as you, the existing alphabetical ordering of a couple of tracks near the top got muddled up a bit. It don't happen with normal movement, but it does if you go wildly at it.

Andre

Glad (or not?) to see I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

I've encoutered this problem for the first time a month or two ago, when I added a few songs to my playlist and brougth them to the top of the list. I noticed shortly after that some tracks were exchanged from their original order, but I thought I just messed it myself without paying attention. I had the same experience few days ago, and I don't remember doing anything wild: just moving tracks from the bottom of the playlist to somewhere higher (using the "fast drag" mode i.e. dragging the track to the top of the screen). Not much damage, but on a 355-track playlist it's quite annoying to verify & fix the list order.

@maxmp On the two devices (where I could reproduce what I did in the video) it was internal playlists, created directly in Poweramp. Note that on my Samsung device I also have flyingdutchman's Playlist Manager app, but I don't see how it could change something as I don't use it to create playlists.

Note that this issue also concerns the Queue list in Library.

Archived