MP3 Player features - Exit warning

Steverino

I have converted an old phone to an MP3 player, it is working out quite well, thanks in large part to Poweramp and it's functionality... since Poweramp is the primary app in that I rarely want to exit, it would be nice to have an option to confirm the exit.

Ideally an MP3 player setting where it would take a special sequence to exit the application. I have a 3rd party application auto-launching, possibly add that to the MP3 player suite of features 🙂 one can dream.

I do see the logic of this request - i.e. preventing the Back button from returning you to the home screen if you only ever want to use PA on the device. A rare case certainly, but I would have thought it ought to be doable as an option. I actually have a couple of apps that don't allow Back to exit their interface at all, you need to use the Home button. I do find it mildly annoying until I remember to press Home, but then I wouldn't set it as an option. So as long as it's personal choice, I can't see any reason why not have such an option, if Max wants to implement it of course.

Andre

Please @maxmp, my knee's are getting sore from begging for this feature to be implemented. My monkey brain tries over and over again to hit "back" button to get back to library and I always end up on the home screen just in order to launch the GUI again.

Could you please make the action for the backup button configurable?

• Default, exit to the home screen.
  • Take you to your Poweramp start screen and stay there.

If I would have gotten 1€ for each unintentional visit to my home screen I would be a rich man.

To be honest, the overall interaction with the Back button in PA has always felt a little odd to me. When I'm in the Player screen and I tap the cover artwork to see the song in the list view, it seems instinctively wrong that the Back button doesn't simply take me back to where I was before - i.e. back to the player screen - rather than having to go all the way up through the categories tree to the main Library page first.

There are lots of ways in PA to navigate to particular places - the four-squares Library icon, tapping the mini-player or the current song, or using the 'up' navigation link at the top of each list view - so it just seems more logical to me to have the Back button always take you back to wherever you were before. Of course if you've just drilled down through a category view to see a song list, then Back should then take you back through the path you came down.

Andre

Honestly I don't care that much where the back button takes me as long as it's not taking me to the home screen. Of course it would be fine with a logical "back" flow but I guess there are quite a lot of opinions out here in userlandia for what is logical.

If you tap the [] Square icon twice quickly it will restore Poweramp. You only minimize Poweramp hitting the back button too many times. That doesn't seem much different than a warning locking your screen and asking for a "Yes" or a "No" to avoid an exit.

I've never had this happen because I never use the back button for the same reason andrewilley mentioned about the odd way Poweramp takes you to somewhere else than you already were.

It's easier just to navigate back to where you want to go by moving forward. No matter where you are in Poweramp you can swipe up a little and in the bottom left corner you can click the album art and go back to the main player. That's far easier than hitting back a bunch of times and accidently exiting Poweramp. 

6 minutes ago, Absinthequ said:

That's far easier than hitting back a bunch of times and accidently exiting Poweramp. 

That was kinda my point, normally Back means go back to the previous screen you were viewing. That's the way Android users are used to their devices operating, and PA follows that same guidance everywhere except when you get to the songs list from the Player screen.

Andre

15 minutes ago, 6b6561 said:

Double tapping "[]" on my phone will only open up the list of recent apps, it doesn't take you back to the previous app.

First tap opens the Recent Apps display, then tapping the icon again while the list is already open goes to the most recent app on the list. The exact functionality of that list is a bit Android-version dependent though.

Andre

Archived