Sinner43

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Sinner43 said:

Dont understand think waste of time and money

@Sinner43 The download for trial is free, did you not do this prior to buying the unlocker? I'm pretty sure the description of the product clearly states that it is a music media player for your personal library. If you are listening to YTM or Spotify, they have their own app. What would you expect PA to do any differently?

5 hours ago, MotleyG said:

@Sinner43 The download for trial is free, did you not do this prior to buying the unlocker? I'm pretty sure the description of the product clearly states that it is a music media player for your personal library. If you are listening to YTM or Spotify, they have their own app. What would you expect PA to do any differently?

Perhaps because there are music players that do stream services like Spotify. The Sonos app does this and roon and Audirvana both stream Qobuz and Tidal.

1 hour ago, CSJ said:

Perhaps because there are music players that do stream services like Spotify. The Sonos app does this and roon and Audirvana both stream Qobuz and Tidal.

Sonos is a hardware solution starting at about $200 per speaker. Roon is a server-oriented system costing $10 per month, and Audirvana costs $100. They are all multi-platform, company partnered systems with many staff on the books.

Poweramp is an Android media player, designed to play YOUR local collection of albums and songs. It costs just $5 for life, and has a single developer.

The ONLY reference to streaming of any sort in the Play Store features list is "m3u/pls http streams", which I did mention above - it's mainly for Shoutcast public radio stations, that sort of thing. An API already exists to allow support for other non-commercial services - such as playing your song file collection saved on Google Drive accounts, etc - but there is no working implementation of that functionality as yet, as far as I know anyway. 

Andre

• 6 months later...

I purchased multiple songs using Google Play and transferred everything to YouTube Music.  There is a download function on YT.  I don't seem to be able to find these "downloads" like I can on songs from Amazon etc.  Is PA unable to play these??

It's probably saving them in its local data directory. I don't use YTM Premium so I don't know for sure, but most likely that'll be somewhere like Android/data/com.google.android.apps.youtube.music/files/offline. They could well be encrypted/DRM protected though, so even if you can copy them out (which is getting harder with each new Android release, especially if you are using an SD Card) they might not work in other apps.

Andre 

On 10/16/2020 at 12:32 AM, Sinner43 said:

Dont understand think waste of time and money

The easiest way I can suggest is to build your own App, because Poweramp never ever advertise/promoted it self as a online music player neither it claimed to stream music from Ytm/Spotify or any other streaming platforms. Not in their Google Play Store Description nor in their own Website so my question is to you from where did you get to know that Poweramp can steam music from those streaming services???? Stop being ignorant dude.

If you are curious and wanted to know how to stream internet radio stations on Poweramp then I can help 

You can google search internet radio stations there are hundreds of thousands of them if not million freely available on www.internet-radio.com, shoutcast, icecast, fmstream.org etc etc

You have to select your favourite genre of music & have to download the playlist file in .pls/.m3u8 formats or just copy paste the URL that's it.

42 minutes ago, SM8 said:

Yes it's Android 11 and I'm just using the pre-installed My Files app.

Might be worth trying a more sophisticated file explorer (e.g. Solid Explorer) that can access more locations on internal storage. You are stuck if YTM has downloaded to its folder your SD Card though, access to app storage in the SD Card Android/data/ hierarchy is blocked on Android 11. Even if you can find it though, the files may well be encrypted.

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@Prosenjit The recent poster was asking about finding online content that they have downloaded to their device, not streaming music per se. 

Andre

Oh sorry my fault didn't notice it, music downloaded from ytm is encrypted & can't play as MP3 I don't use ytm but I have Hungama & Jio Saavn premium they download songs in an unknown file format. But there's a catch if I use built-in mi music player on my device with same hungama account I can rename the downloaded file to .MP3 this way I can play them in Poweramp but the quality is avarage only 128kbps MP3 & some of the songs are not even skipable

17 hours ago, SM8 said:

There is a download function on YT

Indeed, but YouTube music downloads the files in multiple parts and encrypts them, so they can not be played by any other apps but by itself. Just like YouTube app. Google Play Music used to download in MP3 I believe.  🤔 These days, I just buy/download FLAC or mp3s from online.

I am not aware of any "Streaming" music app that allows even downloaded content to be played by any other apps. A these are streaming services, you are only paying to have access to their media through their service, and then only while you are maintaining your subscription.

Only files you actually purchase (i.e. not pay to stream) can be played in a media player such as Poweramp. These can be lossy (mp3, wma) or lossless (FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, etc) but regardless the files must be either purchased (Apple, Amazon, HDtracks, ProStudio Masters) or ripped from your own collection.

52 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

I am not aware of any "Streaming" music app that allows even downloaded content to be played by any other apps. A these are streaming services, you are only paying to have access to their media through their service, and then only while you are maintaining your subscription.

Only files you actually purchase (i.e. not pay to stream) can be played in a media player such as Poweramp. These can be lossy (mp3, wma) or lossless (FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, etc) but regardless the files must be either purchased (Apple, Amazon, HDtracks, ProStudio Masters) or ripped from your own collection.

You are correct. 

It gets a little worse with YouTube Music. Uploaded tracks can't be downloaded as mp3, unlike how Play Music did. As with their streaming music, these are only for use in the YTM app. To get your files back, you have to use takeout.

The "missing" songs used to be MP3 as they were purchased through Google Play and I could play them on any music player app, including Poweramp.  Once the conversion happened to POS Youtube Music it appears they are no longer available.

2 hours ago, SM8 said:

The "missing" songs used to be MP3 as they were purchased through Google Play and I could play them on any music player app, including Poweramp.  Once the conversion happened to POS Youtube Music it appears they are no longer available.

Were they stored on your device, or in their cloud? I don't use Google Play or YTM, but I'd be pretty angry if I purchased tracks and had them stored locally, that are no longer available.