Can't get Poweramp to stream you tube music or Spotify

Sinner43

If the songs were purchased on Google Music, and downloaded to your device prior to the switch to YouTube Music, were they perhaps downloaded to an original Google Music folder that you can still access? Clutching at straws a bit here I'm afraid.

All this is why I only store my own music locally on my NAS and my owned devices, as non-DRM files that I control. Relying on online streaming systems you are always at the whim of what those external services decide to do in the future. 

Andre

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

All this is why I only store my own music locally on my NAS and my owned devices, as non-DRM files that I control. Relying on online streaming systems you are always at the whim of what those external services decide to do in the future. 

Agreed. Or do the Artist a favour and buy their music on CD. Then you can rip at whatever quality you want, and have a back-up for the future.

7 hours ago, MotleyG said:

Agreed. Or do the Artist a favour and buy their music on CD. Then you can rip at whatever quality you want, and have a back-up for the future.

Yes, I've got a load of CDs here too - many of which are bizarrely cheaper to buy than the MP3 files.

There are also other options for @SM8 to use to download his own paid music if Google are making it impossible for him, as I'm sure we're all aware, but perhaps not really suitable for discussing in open forums. Perhaps Googling YouTube Downloader might help, or I seem to recall "WinX" is another term that might prove fruitful. ;)

Andre

• 2 years later...