Notification artwork does not update

Hammett

Poweramp version: v3, build 874

Device: Xiaomi 9T Pro

Android version: 10 QKQ1.190825.002

MIUI Version: 12.0.1.0

Issue:

Artwork on the notification pane does not update when skipping songs, unless Poweramp is in the foreground. If Poweramp is in the background, the song changes, but artwork, song name and artist will not update.

Thank you

Kind regards,

Settings / Look and Feel / Notification / Restore Defaults. Also try the latest available build (879).

Please note that I have couple of MIUI12 devices with the official OTA MIUI12 release ROM and no such issue exists, but there were reports from beta/custom MIUI12 ROM users with the issue like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Version Info ======================
Build: v3-build-882-arm64-play full verified cached
Store: Play
Unlocker: build-302
Arch: 64
Skin: ActivityTheme_Black
Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro begonia begonia begonia [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]
Installer: com.android.vending (21.2.12-16 [0] [PR] 323070436)
Android: 10 Redmi/begonia/begonia:10/QP1A.190711.020/V12.0.1.0.QGGIDXM:user/release-keys en_US
Bug exists in miui 11 and 12

How to reproduce bug : play music, change to other app, after playing few songs in the background notification is not synced

Hi dev,

I've got this issue as well, with build 882 (I'm subscribed to beta channel).

Device: Xiaomi Mi 8

Stock ROM MIUI Global Stable 11.0.5.0

Android version 10.QKQ1.190828.002

No customisation, rooting or modding applied.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

And what do you want to say about that screenshot? Is the unknown artist/album info incorrect, does the file actually have correct tags? Or is it something else - artwork?

Andre

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Updates fine for me on Samsung devices with PA in foreground or background. Are you perhaps using a MIUI ROM as there have been other reports of issues with those devices?

Andre

As a user of MIUI ROM I share these screenshots, nothing else.

@PChwdhry where exactly did you get that "stable" ROM? The available official is still 11 (https://c.mi.com//miuidownload/detail?device=1900373) here.

The problem with MIUI12 "derivatives" is that they are buggy (stable MIUI12 ROMs are quite buggy ATM too) and it's not possible to reproduce issue on the final OTAs. And where it's possible to reproduce - nothing can be done from app side - it's a ROM bug. Just wait for the ROM bug fix update.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, maxmp said:

@PChwdhry where exactly did you get that "stable" ROM? The available official is still 11 (https://c.mi.com//miuidownload/detail?device=1900373) here.

The problem with MIUI12 "derivatives" is that they are buggy (stable MIUI12 ROMs are quite buggy ATM too) and it's not possible to reproduce issue on the final OTAs. And where it's possible to reproduce - nothing can be done from app side - it's a ROM bug. Just wait for the ROM bug fix update.

Thanks!

I got this update through official OTA. In update settings I opt for "Receive updates early".

Screenshot_2020-08-14-13-08-53-634_com.android.settings.jpg

Update tracker : https://c.mi.com/thread-3126620-1-0.html

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

So does artwork in notifications change correctly for you when PA is not in foreground?

Andre

I don't know the artwork in notification posted in my previous screenshot ( https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/19632-notification-artwork-does-not-update/?do=findComment&comment=88721 ) is exact or not. If it is exact then 'Notification' works well in my device.

10 minutes ago, PChwdhry said:

I don't know the artwork in notification posted in my previous screenshot is exact or not. 

The issue that people apparently with test MIUI ROMs are reporting is that the cover artwork in the Notification pull-down does not always correspond with the track that is currently playing, especially when PA has been running in the background for a bit.

If you have an option enabled to receive early versions of ROMs then those will not be mainstream 'stable' releases, they are late-stage Beta Tests, or Release Candidates, and users should expect that they might be less polished that the final Stable releases sent out to the full userbase. 

Andre

• 6 months later...

Boa noite! Sempre uso Poweramp, para mim é o melhor reprodutor de música do Android !!! Para ajudar, notei um erro na notificação do jogador, enquanto ouço uma música na notificação aparece outra música. Fiz um vídeo para entender melhor, espero que possa ajudar. Muito obrigado por todo o esforço dedicado ao app !!!

Link de vídeo mostrando o erro! (Google Photos)

Archived