Jonny G

Scanning new files into library

Just installed latest Poweramp today (26/07/2020), unsure exactly what the build number is but in app changelog shows 875-879. However, this is an issue that has affected every version of Poweramp I have ever installed on my Android headunit. It's currently running version 9, on a custom rom from a guy named Hal9K available on the XDA forums. 

I've just added a few hundred meg of (correctly tagged) audio files onto my external SSD connected via USB to the headunit. Checked that the new folders are ticked and tried to rescan. Only a handful of the new files are added. Cleared cache, cleared storage, re-added the folders and tried to start a new library scan. Only a seemingly random amount of files are added to the library. The app has USB access, I have scanning set to manual only, I'm out of ideas. Could anyone with any thoughts please suggest something else I can try to get Poweramp to reliably scan new music?