This not necessarily a feature request or a bug report, so I placed it here.

Setup:

• Samsung Galaxy Note9 (fully up to date as of posting this, Android version 9)
  • Sony MDR XB-80BS and other bluetooth headsets
  • Poweramp 3-build-301

I can't deal with music being interrupted by phone calls anymore. It completely ruins workouts, bike trips, trying to sleep while passing out to music etc. So far the best I've been able to do is have the phone on 'Do Not Disturb' and the headset with 'calls' turned off, but that still results in Poweramp pausing for the duration of the call (which is silent, thankfully). I want Poweramp to continue playing even though my phone is ringing silently and pause only if I answer the call. How? 

Under 'Headset/Bluetooth' --> 'Audio Focus' I found 'Pause In Call', but I can't change the behaviour since the option says "Poweramp always pauses for call via Bluetooth". I need Poweramp to completely ignore the phone part of my phone otherwise I'm going to have to look into other music players or buy an MP3 player to use for activities that I don't wish to be disturbed whilst performing... which is ridiculous.

I think this is an Android problem and not a Poweramp problem, I'm simply looking to Poweramp and its hyper-granular settings to provide a workaround. Do Not Disturb is clearly broken: When turned on, all notifications should stop happening irrespective of whether or not the Bluetooth headset is configured for calls, but that's not what's going on. Ideally, I'd like my phone to vibrate on all notifications (including calls) without disrupting music playback, unless I choose to answer a phone call. I'd also like to be able to make phone calls without having to go into Bluetooth settings to turn the Bluetooth phone calls back on for my headset. I don't understand why this is so hard.

• 1 year later...

It's been over a year now... new phone, new BT headset, same issue. Is there any way to hack 'Poweramp always pauses for call via Bluetooth" so that music doesn't pause when I recieve calls? This can't represent a lot of work, please give us control over this setting. Poweramp is not the cause of the issue, it's clearly an Android issue, but Android doesn't seem to care and numerous posts on the issue have been locked/disabled without any resolution. If we had control over this setting, I could post that Poweramp (paid version, of course) resolves the issue in several forums such as this one. Hypothetically this could result in more purchases of Poweramp Pro.

Correct, as you have found out from the Google Android support forum that you quoted. In fact it's also stated in the PA menus (Settings > Audio > Audio Focus) that it is not possible to continue audio playback when a BT call is triggered. I'm sure Max could tell us more, but I suspect Android forces the BT connection to switch over from the A2DP (stereo/music) profile to voice call profile. 

Andre

Ah, understood. I wasn't sure if the setting was locked by Poweramp or by the OS. The Poweramp menu doesn't specify a reason. Oh well...

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Android forces the BT connection to switch over from the A2DP (stereo/music) profile to voice call profile.

This should not happen until a call is answered or initiated by the user.

i can't stand the constant interruptions from notifications either while listening to music especially during bike rides and workouts.   especially with constant messages from group chats, but i figured out how to silence those thankfully.   and then have the same issue on my windows computers.   getting like 5 notifications in a row whenever i get back on the computer.   gone are the days you can listen to music in piece.  

Ringtone on silent, DND on: ringtone audible during music playback.
Ringtone on silent, DND on, BT phone settings for headset disabled: ringtone audible during music playback.
Ringtone on silent, DND on, BT phone settings for headset disabled, headset configured to not use OS ringtone: ringtone not audible during music playback, but music paused therefore silence for the duration of the ringing.

It fits my budget, but not my pocket. It's not very convenient since I certainly don't want to carry 2 devices. I don't want to unpair/pair my headset between devices when alternating from phone to music while working out, running, cycling, etc. For example, I want to choose wether or not to answer a call while on a treadmill without it interrupting music playback. Basically, I want them to work like my wired earphones work.

On 1/3/2021 at 2:22 AM, krs10 said:

Basically, I want them to work like my wired earphones work.

Sounds like you need to take this up with Google then, as BT profiles can be either stereo music or mono phone call, and an incoming call seems to force the BT connection to switch.

I guess at the heart of the issue is that these devices are designed as phones first, and camera/map/musicplayer/notepad/etc as a secondary use.

Andre

Archived