Poweramp Build 834

maxmp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Butterfly Dream shadow said:

There is still a problem to ask for help, my phone set hi-res output when the sampling rate can not be selected to 44.1khz, mobile phone and PA output display are 44.1khz, but my external decoder display is indeed 48khz, another phone can not be set Below 96khz.

Available sampling rates are generally device-dependent.

1 hour ago, blaubär said:

Available sampling rates are generally device-dependent.

Yes, but the original sampling rate of the file can be output using USB exclusive software such as UAPP.
Then there are two cases that can be judged.
1, Poweramp's hi-res output is not perfectly matched to the device.
2, Poweramp does not have the exclusive USB DAC function, which makes it impossible to achieve.

But I don't know which one or what else?😭

On 6/24/2019 at 11:47 AM, Butterfly Dream shadow said:

There is still a problem to ask for help, my phone set hi-res output when the sampling rate can not be selected to 44.1khz, mobile phone and PA output display are 44.1khz, but my external decoder display is indeed 48khz, another phone can not be set Below 96khz.

It’s hard to say something not knowing exactly the phone model/output device/android version, but most devices out there don’t support 44.1kHz multiples on 3.5 output and they force resample everything to 48kHz multiples. Bt is different story, usb dac is another one.

@Butterfly Dream shadow Poweramp has no own usb “drivers”. I find these not reliable on latest androids (8+), esp. on the devices without 3.5 output, where custom usb routing conflicts a lot with android implementation and usb dongles.

Android (aosp/pixels) support 44.1 on usb dac just fine, but some OEMs break this functionality, unfortunatelly.

18 minutes ago, maxmp said:

It’s hard to say something not knowing exactly the phone model/output device/android version, but most devices out there don’t support 44.1kHz multiples on 3.5 output and they force resample everything to 48kHz multiples. Bt is different story, usb dac is another one.

Yes...so I was thinking that I could provide the information you needed. I don’t know if it can be adapted. The earlier version and another device (chord mojo) did, but now I changed the device, updated Poweramp, and updated. Mobile phone system, too many variables are not excluded.

The phone model is xiaomi 6, Android9.0, miui10
DDC device is GUSTARD U16
The DAC device is TOUPUN D70

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@Butterfly Dream shadow Poweramp has no own usb “drivers”. I find these not reliable on latest androids (8+), esp. on the devices without 3.5 output, where custom usb routing conflicts a lot with android implementation and usb dongles.

Android (aosp/pixels) support 44.1 on usb dac just fine, but some OEMs break this functionality, unfortunatelly.

In other words, this requires ROM to implement, if the ROM does not support, Poweramp can not be achieved?🤤

50 minutes ago, Butterfly Dream shadow said:

Ok... Does Poweramp plan to develop a unique USB DAC feature in the future?

As Max already said in his previous post:

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@Butterfly Dream shadow Poweramp has no own usb “drivers”. I find these not reliable on latest androids (8+).

By the way, please could you stop re-quoting other people's posts translated into Chinese characters? I've had to manually re-edit about six of your recent posts. Thanks.

Andre

5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

As Max already said in his previous post:

By the way, please could you stop re-quoting other people's posts translated into Chinese characters? I've had to manually re-edit about six of your recent posts. Thanks.

Andre

I mean the future...

I just noticed the second question you said, sorry, I will pay attention to it.

13 hours ago, maxmp said:

Again, if you find some track not played correctly, please share the failing track (via in app Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com) for tests. Thanks!

Also, do you use SoX resampler? SoX was updated recently too, and I already identified and fixed few bugs in it, but it seems SoX may affect that skipping behavior you're describing. Does it help if SW resampler is enabled?

@LPW00 btw I got your track, thank you, and there is zero issues with it for build 834.. Are you sure that’s the one failing?

@SynekPablo there were few issues with codecs causing gapless failures in build 833, but for 834 all gapless test cases pass OK. Can you please send 2 files which fail to be gaplessly played for you? Thanks?

It's not track related and no track fails every time, it's just like every 4th track I wanna play randomly don't work and it skips to the next, if I swipe back, the track most likely starts playing with (next to) no issues. It's just annoying when u'r listening to music while u do something that requires both hands so u can't adjust the track and Poweramp decides to just skip track 2 - 6 from ur selected album.

I'm on LG G7 and until now I never had this problem, but on 834 and 833 both versions, some tracks aren't fully played. This seems to be completely random as I can't just reproduce it on my own. All my library seems to be affected as I've been trying to listen different albums and still happens...

Already did a few full rescans, rebooted the phone, cleaned cache stuff, with or without eq, reverb, balance, tone, it simply keeps happening. Sometimes there's also a floating message saying that Poweramp failed to play the file and them it skips a few files before playing again. My files are mostly hi-res Flac files but also noticed it happening with WAV and even cue split TAK files. Unfortunately I don't think I can send files since I have ridiculous upload rates, but again this seems completely random to happen, and those same files never had problems before.

LG G7, Stock LG UI ROM on Android 8.0.0, using Hi-Res output (usually I change the SR to match the files on the album manually), SoX resampler, Poweramp 833 and 834

[Edit: forgot to mention, I usually keep the sample rate at 96 or 88.2khz for the few non hi-res files I carry with me, so I think most of the time the resampler aren't even used...? I also use the improved-e-weighted noise shaping dither]

I do play by folders only, which has just the album files on each folder. No playlists nor shuffle features.

[Edit: managed to get a picture of it happening. This album is on normal 16-44 flac files. If I just click on the skipped file it will play normally tho]

Edit May, 08, 2020: deleted the picture to get some sharing space

Archived