Persistent Volume Listener

redlith

App:Poweramp V3 build 830 and early version

Unit: zenfone 5Z

Rom: stock 

Android version: 9.0

Volume (next/previous feature) listener affects other media after exiting Poweramp unless forced stopped.

Elaborating the problem, after exiting Poweramp(not forced stopped) and ticking the X button on notification when I'm playing some other media that uses volume keys a beep sound will be heard indicating that Poweramp is active on background. It's really annoying like when we are playing games and sound needs to be lowered by pressing and holding the volume key it does not act the way we want it(a beep sound occurs) but one we need to tap repeatedly the volume keys just to lowered or gained the sound.

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Could this long-press option be set to optionally seek (i.e. ffwd/rewind functionality) when the volume buttons are held down, rather than changing tracks?

Andre

No. It performs its function when not in Poweramp user interface. This feature was intended only for changing tracks.

8 hours ago, redlith said:

No. It performs its function when not in Poweramp user interface. This feature was intended only for changing tracks.

I was suggesting this might be added, as an option. I know it doesn't do it now. :) I haven't rooted my new phone yet, and it's really annoying that I can't fwd/rewind using + or - on my three-button headset like I always used to. For Skip at least I can use double-tap on the main button. I'm sure I'll root it as soon as a reliable method comes out, but to be honest apart from nandroid and Titanium backups, I'm not finding I missed root as much as I thought I would (apart from headset button media controls).

Andre

7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I was suggesting this might be added, as an option. I know it doesn't do it now. :) I haven't rooted my new phone yet, and it's really annoying that I can't fwd/rewind using + or - on my three-button headset like I always used to. For Skip at least I can use double-tap on the main button. I'm sure I'll root it as soon as a reliable method comes out, but to be honest apart from nandroid and Titanium backups, I'm not finding I missed root as much as I thought I would (apart from headset button media controls).

Andre

Hi Andre,

Just a working adb,cable and pc is enough. No need for root access to have this feature.

About rewinding/fwd, did you use some apps to have this one?

26 minutes ago, redlith said:

Just a working adb,cable and pc is enough. No need for root access to have this feature.

About rewinding/fwd, did you use some apps to have this one?

As I said, my comment was a feature request for another option for the same button long-presses, I'm fully aware of how to use adb to enable the current option.

On my previous phone I used to use an Xposed module called PBMC (Physical Button Master Control) which is insanely configurable; I had it set to use a single press on the + or - buttons for track changes, double-click for list changes, and long-press for ffwd/rewind. There are lots of apps in the Play Store which say they do the same thing, but none worked as well as PBMC (and they don't seem to work at all in Pie).

Andre

Archived