Poweramp Build 830

maxmp

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tomasus said:

Has anyone problem with scanning library after adding new music?

It scans all the time over and over again and it's impossible to add new files. 

Make sure you ONLY have your desired music folders selected in Settings > Library > Music Folders.

Try a FULL Rescan.

Andre

On 6/1/2019 at 10:44 PM, maxmp said:

It works out of box provided ROM supports it (all my test devices, including stock and custom ROMs handle utf-8 ok for search), but there are reports some devices can be configured without such support (back in Android 2-4 days, though).

thanks mate :)

coz there was searchable since alpha 704

anything needed to help or test you might pm or mail me:)

Thank you for correspondence of Hi-Res output of M11.
Will Bluetooth be compatible with LDAC in the next version?
In version 830, playback is stopped when switching music or pressing the button or the play / stop button during high res output.
Please fix this bug in the next version.

8 minutes ago, cokisan2523 said:

Will Bluetooth be compatible with LDAC in the next version?

Generally speaking LDAC is an audio Codec used in Bluetooth and Poweramp doesn't have a problem. Whether it is supported with BT on your devices depends on them, not on PA. With my Samsung S7 Oreo and Sony XH-1000 M2 it works. I had to switch it on using Sony's "Headphones" app by changing the quality setting from "stability" to "quality".

6 hours ago, blaubär said:

Generally speaking LDAC is an audio Codec used in Bluetooth and Poweramp doesn't have a problem. Whether it is supported with BT on your devices depends on them, not on PA. With my Samsung S7 Oreo and Sony XH-1000 M2 it works. I had to switch it on using Sony's "Headphones" app by changing the quality setting from "stability" to "quality".

I am sorry to mislead you and correct it.
LDAC was not involved.
This item is not a Bluetooth item in Hi-Res output.
It is written on Galaxy S9, but not written on M11.

778344098_Screenshot_20190609-2116091.thumb.png.8969eeb0418e558e7c8000c33598e8af.png730495083_Screenshot_20190609-2116151.thumb.png.a64a76472297aa0488761c40b8e0aa31.png

With Fiio M11 and Poweramp 830 in high res mode the hardware buttons for skip up/down an play/pause will interrupt the audio playback. At the same time the display shows normal operation. Restart of Poweramp will bring the audio back till the next usage of the buttons. 

Soft buttons are working without issues.

In native audio mode all hardware buttons work fine.

Hope the issue can be solved because Fiio M11 and Poweramp would be a good team together.

On 6/6/2019 at 11:50 AM, andrewilley said:

Make sure you ONLY have your desired music folders selected in Settings > Library > Music Folders.

Try a FULL Rescan.

Andre

I had to uninstall and reinstall Poweramp and then it asked for storage permission again so it may just be a matter of unchecking and rechecking storage permission and then rescan 

I've been getting a lot of "Poweramp was killed" crashes lately.   I'm not sure if I'm doing something to trigger it, but I even dozed off the other night to see that message on the screen with the album I left playing stopped on the last song.

6 hours ago, djdarko said:

I've been getting a lot of "Poweramp was killed" crashes lately.   I'm not sure if I'm doing something to trigger it, but I even dozed off the other night to see that message on the screen with the album I left playing stopped on the last song.

Same here. Experienced for the first time in v830.

Hi,

I updated my Fiio Btr3 Bluetooth amp today with the latest firmware.

This update also included an update of the HWA codec to 2.0.

The problem is that Poweramp recognizes HWA 2.0 as an invalid codec.

Max, can you integrate HWA 2.0 into the next Poweramp update?

Screenshot_20190616_143900.jpg

Screenshot_20190616_143743.jpg

On 6/16/2019 at 8:05 AM, invaderzim said:

Same here. Experienced for the first time in v830.

Actually I just had it happen to me. Not sure if it's 830 or my relatively new Pie phone though. While testing something else, just after the screen went to sleep music stopped playing with the message that "Poweramp was killed" when I woke the phone. First time I've seen that (and I use my phone every night for listening to music with the Sleep timer enabled).

Andre

3 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Actually I just had it happen to me. Not sure if it's 830 or my relatively new Pie phone though. While testing something else, just after the screen went to sleep music stopped playing with the message that "Poweramp was killed" when I woke the phone. First time I've seen that (and I use my phone every night for listening to music with the Sleep timer enabled).

Andre

In my end, I am still on Oreo. The only change/update that happened was v830. :)

Thanks for the update Max search results zooming is really good👍

But I'm experiencing some issues after the update bass output is significantly less than the previous versions. It is quite noticeable with my Sony XB920. If I set 60% bass and 53% volume it used to rattle my jaw but now it doesn't, I'm not saying it has become super flat but the bass not powerful enough. I even tried to increase the bass @ 80% the results are the same infact it didn't increase the bass but it lowers the other frequencies & makes it super muffled.

I use Poweramp every day I know how capable it is if there's real bass it can be felt at lowest possible volume.

Now Poweramp feels like Boeffla sound system it produces loud and crispy music without bass.

Restoring default in output settings didn't work clean installation didn't work but installing V830 did work.

Device Redmi note 4, ROM MIUI 10 Latest global stable, Poweramp V832

1 hour ago, Prosenjit said:

I even tried to increase the bass @ 80% the results are the same infact it didn't increase the bass but it lowers the other frequencies & makes it super muffled. 

That would be the limiter.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:24 AM, ilovemeow said:

anything needed to be set for searching non-english words? thanks

It works out of box, unless you have ROM with sqlite compiled without appropriate internationalization support. You may also want to select proper 8-bit encoding in Settings / Library / Scanner / Tag Encoding.

@SynekPablo first, this is not a "not supported codec" (codecs are supported by your device / receiving device, not by player), this is an UI issue.

Poweramp shows HWA properly for the Huawei devices I have (10+) and can test for. Codec is non-standard and there is no standard way to get currently used codec on Android at all, so that implementation is strictly device / firmware dependent.

It seems some device + ROM variant uses different encoding for the codec name. Unfortunately it's not possible to have all possible devices + ROM variants on hands and you haven't given any info about yours.

(Though, INVALID CODEC is a special constant used by Android, it's specifically an error constant, basically meaning info about codec is now known to Android, but it codec can work just fine).

device-2019-06-20-190747.png

On 6/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, perhapsjuice said:

Builds after 828 don't seem to be sending track information to Bluetooth players. The track progress shows, but not name, artist, or album. OP6 / Android 9.0

This was fixed, I guess, around 829.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@SynekPablo first, this is not a "not supported codec" (codecs are supported by your device / receiving device, not by player), this is an UI issue.

Poweramp shows HWA properly for the Huawei devices I have (10+) and can test for. Codec is non-standard and there is no standard way to get currently used codec on Android at all, so that implementation is strictly device / firmware dependent.

It seems some device + ROM variant uses different encoding for the codec name. Unfortunately it's not possible to have all possible devices + ROM variants on hands and you haven't given any info about yours.

(Though, INVALID CODEC is a special constant used by Android, it's specifically an error constant, basically meaning info about codec is now known to Android, but it codec can work just fine). 

device-2019-06-20-190747.png

Thanks for the answer.

My device is a Porsche Design Mate RS and the ROM is Android 9 EMUI 9.0.

That's since I updated the Fiio Btr3 Bluetooth Receiver.

The update also included an update of the HWA codec to 2.0.

If you need more information I will send it to you.

Archived