Song/Artist name not showing despite tags being correct.

I have a couple of Cream albums for which Poweramp (v3, latest update, although the problem has existed for a long time) does not display the Track name or the artist name in the GUI even though the tags have all the correct info. I've tried reinstalling Poweramp, Rescanning folders, full rescan, removing/reinserting SD card. Didn't solve the issue. Kindly help. Thanks.

Screenshots

32 minutes ago, maxmp said:

(while in list) long press failing track / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com - please send it to me for tests.

Most probably - broken/non-standard tags.

Thanks!

Thanks for responding. I sent you the email. For some reason long press and then send failed to show share sheet for the failing track (it was working for other files, I checked). I had to send it to you from file manager.

Hi, I had the same issue and I was able to fix mine, so there's a chance it might work for you.

For your Cream album, check if there is a .cue file in the corresponding folder. If there is, delete it. 

Let me know if this works.

1 hour ago, acannan said:

Hi, I had the same issue and I was able to fix mine, so there's a chance it might work for you.

For your Cream album, check if there is a .cue file in the corresponding folder. If there is, delete it. 

Let me know if this works.

That actually worked! I don't know why, but it did. I have other albums which have cue files which are detected fine. Thanks!

PA does not need CUE files for properly tagged albums, so including them in the folder can cause the songs to be shown as their CUE-generated versions (which won't have the same metadata) instead of using the actual files with their parsed tags.

Andre

On 5/23/2019 at 1:30 PM, andrewilley said:

PA does not need CUE files for properly tagged albums, so including them in the folder can cause the songs to be shown as their CUE-generated versions (which won't have the same metadata) instead of using the actual files with their parsed tags.

Andre

Hmm, Thanks for the info. I have a couple of other FLAC albums with CUE files which work fine though. Thanks for helping, will keep this in mind for the future.

1 hour ago, trjtrkuyti7t said:

Hmm, Thanks for the info. I have a couple of other FLAC albums with CUE files which work fine though. Thanks for helping, will keep this in mind for the future.

CUE files are needed if you have one long audio file for a whole album which you want to break up into smaller chunks with their own song title/artist/etc, but you don't need a CUE file for a single song file that is already properly tagged.

Andre

Archived