Can't change tags, no SD access

Caby

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Poweramp, or with Google, but after the 3.0 upgrade, I lost the ability to edit tags on my Android phone. It insists that I do not have the rights to modify files on my SD card, and nothing I do seems to give it access? Strangely, I store all of my music on the SD card, and power amp has the ability to play all of the files, it just can't edit the tags. Please help if you can 🙂

Sadly, it's most likely an Android thing, these days Google likes to make it as difficult as possible for you to do terribly dangerous things like... edit the music and photos on your own SD Card. And to think, one of the reasons I chose Android over Apple in the first place was to get away from that kind of overbearing controlling attitude. (It would be like Windows suddenly not allowing you to load/save files to an external hard drive).

Do you see the Grant Access message when you try to delete a music file from Poweramp, that's usually the first step in fixing this? 

Andre

Thanks for the responses, I think I have solved the problem. It turns out that I had risen to my own level of incompetence, and didn't notice that when Poweramp took me to the settings to grant access, there was a little place on the bottom of the screen that I had to actually select to give it access. When I noticed that and selected it, I can now edit my tags.

By the way, like everyone else, it was a bit shocking to get used to the new interface, but I'm settling into it now and I have to say that I have really loved using Poweramp for many years now. One of the greatest features in the app is The 10-band equalizer you get with the pro version. The difference in the enjoyment of my music is amazing when it has been properly adjusted with the equalizer. It amazes me that anyone can listen to music without a good equalizer!

Keep up the good work!

21 minutes ago, Caby said:

One of the greatest features in the app is The 10-band equalizer you get with the pro version.

You get all of the features (including the equaliser) with the trail version too, it's just time-limited for a couple of weeks to allow you to decide if you want to purchase it or not.

I agree that the Android Grant Access screen is confusing. Why they didn't make it a simple Yes/No confirmation dialog for any given storage choice, like all of the other permission requests, I don't know.

Andre

Archived