3dots button on static bottom bar

Odeen

The 3dots button on list view is available only on top of the list.

Can it be added to the static bottom bar so it is always available? Screenshot_20181117-181457_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.90104d3bd9afe5f2f9cf6e109d0c15d2.jpg

If I'm not on top of the list and want to, for example, change the list options, I have to scroll to the top of the list. That's not very comfortable.

I've been asking Max for several years if we could have an option to combine those two menu options anyway (i.e. the three-dots and three-lines icons) into one permanently-visible icon in the lower-right, giving all of the menu options available in one place. Having the three-lines icon (which is basically just Settings) seems really pointless and adds extra confusion and further clutter to the interface. Especially when the overflow list icon gets scrolled off the screen as soon as you start looking through the category list.

So far he prefers to follow Google's material design advice though, treating one icon as the app's main menu and the other as a contextual overflow list.

Andre

That could be an option too.

But I don't get why it has been placed on the list header.

Until alpha build 704 it was placed on the bottom bar and was always visible.

Now, the other buttons/comands on that bottom bar have been replaced by gestures. But not the 3dots menu. At least, I'm not aware of a gesture for that.

3w03djvgi6oLWRUbygpBkr2brQjyYpBxg8VhTM8_

Is there any chance we can get it added (back) to the bottom bar so it is always visible?

Thanks.

The lower button is navigation extension, it can’t contain context dependent actions. Also nabar also disappears on list scrolls.

As for header, currently it goes away completely on scroll too, but there is always a way for fast scroll to the top. 

The only additional option I’m seeing now is to allow header not to completely disappear but stay in minimized form on top.

3 minutes ago, maxmp said:

The lower button is navigation extension, it can’t contain context dependent actions. Also nabar also disappears on list scrolls.

As for header, currently it goes away completely on scroll too, but there is always a way for fast scroll to the top. 

The only additional option I’m seeing now is to allow header not to completely disappear but stay in minimized form on top.

Oh the "minimized header" would be great too.

My bottom bar doesn't disappear on list scroll... probably somewhere there's an option I have activated ;)

"...there is always a way for fastscroll to the top"  How?   Currently I'm manually dragging the scroll bar. But with 14000+ tracks it's not so easy to scroll to the right point of the list.

• 2 months later...

Archived