Playback stutters on bluetooth device

Songs stutters, sometimes skipping 1 second, while playing on bluetooth device.

I've tried to reproduce this by playing songs on different music players (Samsung music player) and bluetooth devices. It seems only occurs while using Poweramp

Use Wakelock and Keep Service doesnt help.

Is there other settings that i can tweak?

• 3 weeks later...

I do not notice skipping on my s7 edge but I do get interference a lot because it is wireless, that is kind of like skipping but I figure it is just the reception gets interfered with other wi-fi and bluetooth devices around when I go walking. So until I actually notice skipping I would complain too but bluetooth sounds awesome on my headphones but the interference is annoying to me. Most of my walk I have to have my phone in my pocket just right to not interfere with music. If I was just sitting in my chair at home and listening then there is nothing to interfere except walls and other electronics that I notice with mine. Sorry, you are having issues with yours. I know that probably did not help you.

Just got my new replacement pair of headphones from IdeaUSA the V203 that supposed to last up to 40 hours of listening. I hope these do better than the first pair. Only $30 on Walmart.com.

weird yesterday when on the interstate on three occasions when passing a semi truck the bluetooth audio started skipping funny.   kind of like when a  CD skips on a CD Player.   it did it for about 2-3 seconds each time.   would it be interference from a bluetooth in the truck?  never had that happen before.

9 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

weird yesterday when on the interstate on three occasions when passing a semi truck the bluetooth audio started skipping funny.   kind of like when a  CD skips on a CD Player.   it did it for about 2-3 seconds each time.   would it be interference from a bluetooth in the truck?  never had that happen before.

Sounds like interference to me. Semis are one big giant metal. Walls, and any kind of metal in between devices can cause interference. I go get me a drink on my walk and phone in my pocket and headphones on and take a drink from a can of energy drink and every single time it does what you say is happening to you. I love how my headphones sound but the interference annoys me. Wish bluetooth was done better. Adjusting buffer is not going to fix interference. It is just no way around it.

One thing it could be is bad product that has the bluetooth connection out of either one of the devices being used to connect to each other. My headphones was having issues and I just got a replacement from the company yesterday but today listening to my new set, did not have any interference as I used them but I did not walk very far today as I usually do. Tomorrow, I will find out but my old, kind of new but only month old ones could of just been bad. Just a thought.

3 hours ago, luv4metalcore said:

Sounds like interference to me. Semis are one big giant metal. Walls, and any kind of metal in between devices can cause interference. I go get me a drink on my walk and phone in my pocket and headphones on and take a drink from a can of energy drink and every single time it does what you say is happening to you. I love how my headphones sound but the interference annoys me. Wish bluetooth was done better. Adjusting buffer is not going to fix interference. It is just no way around it.

One thing it could be is bad product that has the bluetooth connection out of either one of the devices being used to connect to each other. My headphones was having issues and I just got a replacement from the company yesterday but today listening to my new set, did not have any interference as I used them but I did not walk very far today as I usually do. Tomorrow, I will find out but my old, kind of new but only month old ones could of just been bad. Just a thought.

my phone was mounted fairly close to the bluetooth adapter for the stereo.   I doubt the truck would block the signal.  

4 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

my phone was mounted fairly close to the bluetooth adapter for the stereo.   I doubt the truck would block the signal.  

Do you suppose the semi's CB or some other on-board device might have caused the interference?

13 hours ago, djdarko said:

Do you suppose the semi's CB or some other on-board device might have caused the interference?

Kind of what I was trying to point out. Wi-Fi and other Bluetooth devices from other vehicles will cause interference. Anything wireless with a signal will. Radio signals will too.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:51 AM, djdarko said:

from my experience as a ham operator i doubt a CB would since that's VHF-LO band and bluetooth freqs I think are up in the GHz range.   I wonder how the phones signals or wifi's not interfere with themselves?  I do know that a cellphone with the hotspot turned on will cause noises on a microphone or camcorder audio if too close sometimes.   

Archived