Lost Playlists after changing SD-Card

gtb7878

Hey :) ,

today I had to format my SD-Card. Before i formated it, it was named "SD-Karte" on my phone. After formating it Android named it "SD-Karte von Samsung" and now Poweramp doesn't find my music folder anymore and also shows 0 titles in my playlist. Can I somehow change the name of the SD-Card or is there any option in Poweramp to change the path to the new one or can I edit the playlist? Please help :( I don't want to do create the playlists again from scratch...

The moment you started Poweramp without that originally named SD Card present, PA would have noted that all of the files it had previously known about are now 'missing', so it presumes they have been deleted and clears the Library (and thus any references to those same files within Playlists). Then the scanner would have found a whole load of 'new' song files in a new location on your phone, and scanned those into the Library as new music. But the Playlists which referred to old files will remain empty. I don't suppose you made backup physical copies using the "Export Playlists" function did you? Otherwise, the contents will cannot be recovered once they have been wiped. Sorry...

Andre

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I found out that the SD-Card has a different mount-point, therefore Poweramp doesn't recognize the folders. I did of course a backup of the Playlists but unfornately it doesn't seem to work. I try now to edit the Playlist and change the paths everytime...let's see if this works.

@gtb7878, i assume you backed up your playlists as .m3u8 format. No need to edit the paths, simply use my app to import the m3u8 playlist, this will create a new playlist in android which you then import into Poweramp.. The free version has this functionality too.

1 hour ago, gtb7878 said:

I found out that the SD-Card has a different mount-point, therefore Poweramp doesn't recognize the folders. I did of course a backup of the Playlists but unfornately it doesn't seem to work

As you've surmised, it's the fact that the paths to the song files have changed which is stopping PA from finding the actual contents of the scanned playlists. A simple batch edit of the M3U8 files to make the paths match with the location of your new SD Card should work fine - or use TheoKlink's app to do it for you.

I'm so glad you made a backup though, there have been a few threads here in the past that ended in tears when this happened. And as with all backups, you need to have made them before you suddenly find you need them.

Andre

Archived