Poweramp

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ultrarunner2019

Resuming long track

Well, I have no idea what is going on. I thought - based on what andrewilley said, that perhaps this feature just doesn't work with .ogg files. So I converted the original .flac file (on my PC) to .mp3 and copied that file into the music library, and performed a full rescan. Nope. Nothing changed. The play position always returned to what appeared to be an arbitrary time position when I rebooted the phone (but not if I just closed PA and then re-opened it). Next, I cleared all data for PA. Then I set it up the same way I had previously: Store/Restore Track Progress: ON Track Duration for per track progress: at least 5min. Keep Service: ON Now, what exactly is 'Track Duration for per track progress? Does it determine how long the overall track must be before PA will use the Store/Restore Track Progress feature, or is it the minimum amount of time the track must be playing before PA will remember the time position? After clearing all data (including cache of course), the play position returns to 0:00:00 when I reboot the phone. That makes more sense than 0:15:nn that it was returning to before. The next thing I checked is the properties of the folder and file in question. The folder/file is not hidden, and read & write are enabled. At one point, I even allowed PA to make system changes, but that did not change anything. Being curious, I turned off 'Store/Restore Track Progress' completely. For the .ogg file, no change whatsoever when I rebooted the phone. It still returns to 0:00:00 time. I guess I should (could) upload the file in question, but considering that it is a 3 hour mix of copyrighted material that is not mine, I don't think it would be legal - at least not technically if I am going to be 'loyal' to RIAA and others... Instead, I am going to create my file. I'm not a musician, but I do own a license to Reaper DAW. I will find some music that is public domain, create a mix from it in Reaper, and see what happens in PA. If there is still this problem, then I will upload the file here.
  3. Thanks Andre any advise of such a skin in order to control only with a finger? (it's for an android auto unit)
  4. Today
  5. bloodw3rx

How to prevent Poweramp from being killed?

When I click on Battery optimization my Settings force closes. Might be because I am on Q Beta 3. But it does say that it is optimizing battery use which could be why it's being killed.
  6. Can someone tell me what the difference between these 3 options are?
  7. JohnnySapphire

Poweramp Build 828

Thanks. Playlists are .M3U files Tried the Resolve/Rescan at playlist level and playlist overall library level (have this set to ON to auto scan already) Tried Library rescan All the auto scans and rescans are set to ON Deleted song file still remains in all playlists after this. Only started happening after build 824. Thanks again for your support. I love PA.
  8. andrewilley

Resuming long track

I would not suggest running PA from an SD Card, it doesn't always like that. Is this issue with ALL long tracks, or just some? Could it be an issue with the file encoding? And does PA remember the current position OK if you close the app and then remove if from recent apps before starting it again? (otherwise it's just waiting in memory to be recalled) The 14mins issue might be the last position it did remember correctly, and unless PA manages to retain another location which survives a cold-boot, it might just be going back to that place again. In case it's to do with any odd delay in re-mounting the SD Card after a restart, try putting one of the problem tracks on internal memory and see if the same happens there. Andre
  9. ultrarunner2019

Resuming long track

All is fine so long as I don't shut down or restart the phone. I can close PA (with or without stopping service) and it will remember the position of the track when re-opened. Funny thing here: I have a mix track that is about 2 hours long. I am at 1hr 30 mins. I hit pause, then close PA. Then I restart the phone. When I open PA again, the same track is displayed, but the time pointer is now at about 14 minutes (from the start). How did this happen? I can understand why it might restart at 0:00, but 0:14:nn? I have tried uninstalling, then re-installing PA but this did not fix the problem. Next, I may try moving PA to the SD card. The program itself is on internal storage, with all music files on the SD card. Perhaps if I move all of PA to the SD card it will remember the track position? In the end, this isn't really a huge problem. I normally don't shut down or restart my phone during the day; only at night. But if I wanted to use PA to play audiobooks, then it would be a problem. I have another app that plays audiobooks, and it always remembers the position it was at (within a track) when I shut down and restart. Edit: Moving PA to the SD card did not change anything.
  10. Sorry for bad english The point is 1. I Enabled Filename as Title before 2. After Some updates (maybe 2 month ago), This is Not working at only playlists, The others(Folder, all Song) is Working 3. Reset settings, reinstall, undo beta are not worked 4. What should I do? maybe Uninstall skin should help? Info Model: Galaxy S8 Android: 9 Poweramp: v3-build-828-play
  11. andrewilley

Poweramp Build 828

Try going into the Playlists library category, tap on the three-dots menu icon, and choose "Rescan / Resolve Playlists". You can also set an option to do this during automatic scans too. I'm assuming your playlists are all internally created ones, not file-based ones (from .M3U files, etc)? Andre
  12. andrewilley

Poweramp Build 828

Sure, long-press on the album artwork (or use the three-dots menu button) and select Album from the list. Andre
  13. Great. I suspect the Album Artist tag was set to "awesome.com" rather than the artist's name. Andre
  14. andrewilley

A way to increase font/buttons size?

No, you would need to use a skin for that. Andre
  15. andrewilley

Google voice command for music playing?

Works for me. e.g. "Play song from ABBA in Poweramp" works, as does simply "Play ABBA in Poweramp". Or even (after removing the default music player association, and letting Android learn that PA is the regular choice for music) just "Play ABBA" or, on the same theme, "Play Waterloo" for a specific song. Andre
  16. JohnnySapphire

Poweramp Build 828

I've noticed ever since Build 824 that the above works as intended, but is sort of creating a headache. If i have a song in 5 different playlists and delete it from my phone, the non-resolving entry remains in all 5 playlists, unless i manually go through each of the playlists and remove it. Even with the following setting turned on, the empty missing song entries will still remain in the playlists after the song is deleted from the device. Is this intended, or an issue on my end? Settings > Library > Playlists > Remove Playlist Entries On Track Deletion (ON)
  17. It appears removing Album artist option has resolved the issue. Thanks Max!👍
  18. fabien44

Poweramp Build 828

Hello is there a way to display all songs from the album which contains the song currently playing (whatever the entry of playing the song: eg. coming from a search)?
  19. Hello i find the text and buttons too small. Is there a parameter to increase size for them? Thanks
  20. Hello with version 2, i was able to say to Google: "Play song from artist in Poweramp" and it launches Poweramp playing the desired song but this feature does not work anymore with version 3 (PA opens but nothing more)!? A bug or something i missed? Thanks
  21. andrewilley

Visual EQ for always on display

You can use Settings > Look and Feel > Keep Screen On. It's a global setting while in the PA interface (it disables if PA is not the actively displayed app) but if you always use Visualisations then it should not make much difference (it will flatten your battery either way ) Andre
  22. Same issue using my Motorola G6+ after android 9 update connecting to a 2016 VW Golf via Bluetooth using Poweramp 3 build 828. The handset will connect to the car fine however as soon as Poweramp attempts to play (either requested by the car or started on the handset) the handset Bluetooth crashes. This issue then loops until something else on the handset takes audio focus. All other applications I have tried can still play to the car fine (Youtube, Google maps and Rocket player). The issue is definitely linked to Poweramp as I can trigger it at will by giving Poweramp audio focus and fix it by moving audio focus to another application. Working around the issue by using rocket player for the moment in the car but would very prefer to be using Poweramp as its a better app.
  23. Pranavpauskar

Visual EQ for always on display

Can you try adding option for visual EQ for always on display it will look cool on AMOLED display Mobiles.
  24. NEW UPCOMING UPDATE Aurora 1.6 Luminous 1.6 Luminous Black 1.6 ScreenRecord-2019-05-20-19-49-32~3.mp4 I need time to check if everything is okay. updates will be available on Google Play Store soon 😉
  25. blaubär

Resuming long track

Perhaps the library is broken ? Does Settings > Library > Full Rescan help ?
  1. Load more activity