EQ not working since my device updated to HyperOS

Since my device updated to android 14, my device cannot stream audio via this app 

I need some solution, pls 

also this is a log i have 

out_set_parameters: [hal_apptype] cannot find app type [-com.maxmpz.equalizer], return !

Screenshot_2024-01-05-17-14-35-558_com.dp.logcatapp.jpg

Edited by An 06

Audio is “streamed” by the player app, so what’s the player? Does Equalizer detect the player at all for you?

The hardware related logs are unrelated here, equalization happens in Android OS layer, not in “hardware”.

18 minutes ago, An 06 said:

but the audio output is not working properly,

Could you clarify what you mean by "output is not working properly"? Do you hear sound but it's not changed by the EQ values, do you hear no sound at all, etc.

Andre

12 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

So just to confirm, the player you are using (which one?) is selected in the Known Players list, and it is outputting regular Android audio (not any special high-res modes for example).

Andre

The player i'm using is youtube music

and it's outputting regular android audio 

• 3 months later...
On 4/23/2024 at 2:21 PM, kamaleon said:

Same here after hyperos update Poweramp EQ is not detecting YouTube dump permission etc all given I even cleared data and cache for EQ app , still not working for YouTube it was working fine before this update from phone manufacturer I don't know how to resolve 

Same here too , I'll already configured dump premission,but audio processing it's not functioning well.

Tested on poco m5 with hyperOS too.

Please fix it ASAP @maxmp @andrewilley

Screenshot_2024-04-25-07-56-26-860_com.maxmpz.equalizer.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-25-07-57-00-536_com.maxmpz.equalizer.jpg

It does sound like this is an issue with HyperOS. Perhaps their latest update is not supporting the DUMP permission? I assume you've all tried uninstalling the PA EQ app and reinstalling it, and then running the ADB DUMP process again?

It is a slightly hacky workaround to be fair, the real answer is that apps should announce the fact that they are playing audio and that other apps are permitted to access it for making adjustments. Very few app developers seem to add those simple two lines of code into their players though (in Poweramp it's user-configurable, controlled via the 'MusicFX' button), hence the DUMP permission hack which tells Android it can override what the audio player app is saying (or not saying).

Andre