EQ not working since my device updated to HyperOS

Since my device updated to android 14, my device cannot stream audio via this app 

I need some solution, pls 

also this is a log i have 

out_set_parameters: [hal_apptype] cannot find app type [-com.maxmpz.equalizer], return !

Screenshot_2024-01-05-17-14-35-558_com.dp.logcatapp.jpg

Edited by An 06

Audio is “streamed” by the player app, so what’s the player? Does Equalizer detect the player at all for you?

The hardware related logs are unrelated here, equalization happens in Android OS layer, not in “hardware”.

18 minutes ago, An 06 said:

but the audio output is not working properly,

Could you clarify what you mean by "output is not working properly"? Do you hear sound but it's not changed by the EQ values, do you hear no sound at all, etc.

Andre

12 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

So just to confirm, the player you are using (which one?) is selected in the Known Players list, and it is outputting regular Android audio (not any special high-res modes for example).

Andre

The player i'm using is youtube music

and it's outputting regular android audio 

• 3 months later...

Same here after hyperos update Poweramp EQ is not detecting YouTube dump permission etc all given I even cleared data and cache for EQ app , still not working for YouTube it was working fine before this update from phone manufacturer I don't know how to resolve 

On 4/23/2024 at 2:21 PM, kamaleon said:

Same here after hyperos update Poweramp EQ is not detecting YouTube dump permission etc all given I even cleared data and cache for EQ app , still not working for YouTube it was working fine before this update from phone manufacturer I don't know how to resolve 

Same here too , I'll already configured dump premission,but audio processing it's not functioning well.

Tested on poco m5 with hyperOS too.

Please fix it ASAP @maxmp @andrewilley

Screenshot_2024-04-25-07-56-26-860_com.maxmpz.equalizer.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-25-07-57-00-536_com.maxmpz.equalizer.jpg

It does sound like this is an issue with HyperOS. Perhaps their latest update is not supporting the DUMP permission? I assume you've all tried uninstalling the PA EQ app and reinstalling it, and then running the ADB DUMP process again?

It is a slightly hacky workaround to be fair, the real answer is that apps should announce the fact that they are playing audio and that other apps are permitted to access it for making adjustments. Very few app developers seem to add those simple two lines of code into their players though (in Poweramp it's user-configurable, controlled via the 'MusicFX' button), hence the DUMP permission hack which tells Android it can override what the audio player app is saying (or not saying).

Andre

@An 06

On 1/5/2024 at 5:15 PM, An 06 said:

Since my device updated to android 14, my device cannot stream audio via this app 

I need some solution, pls 

also this is a log i have 

out_set_parameters: [hal_apptype] cannot find app type [-com.maxmpz.equalizer], return !

Screenshot_2024-01-05-17-14-35-558_com.dp.logcatapp.jpg

@maxmp @andrewilley @An 06 #bugsolved on xiaomi poco m5 with hyperOS

#It could be a temporary or permanent solution on other phone with hyperos rom :  after gained dump premission, open PA Equalizer then force close & delete all data without reinstaling.

Now just open then PA Equalizer & allow notification premission, it's should will function normally, I dunno why ,maybe it's bug on app data or need disabled & enabled notification premission again to make audio processing working properly.

@An 06 please report the bug on Mi (HyperOS) forums. Poweramp Equalizer is compatible and works on the Android OS, but this may vary for Android OS derivatives and that's not that can be fixed by the app. Even the test issue I need to get the exact combination of the device and firmware and that's often not possible at all (the firmware is region locked and device can be quite specific one - sold only in a few countries for example). Thanks!

4 hours ago, kamaleon said:

@andrewilley yes I've uninstalled and reinstalled and gave dump permission etc it works but if you switch off and restart phone it does not detect YouTube but play's YouTube music fine with EQ working.

Try to delete data without reinstall & enable notification premission, it's should be working normally , it's working fine with me

Edited by koukei
Typo

1 minute ago, koukei said:

Try to delete data without reinstall & enable notification premission, it's should be working normally , it's working fine with me

I've tried and its still not working for me

3 minutes ago, An 06 said:

I've tried and its still not working for me

What makes my PA equalizer work is: After reinstalling PA equalizer it's need to get permission dump again (i using wireless adb using ³rd party app),then restart phone ,delete app data , i allowed all permissions PA equalizer app, & Make sure to allow the app to run in the background.

I test it on poco M5 btw , what's your phone?

6 minutes ago, koukei said:

What makes my PA equalizer work is: After reinstalling PA equalizer it's need to get permission dump again (i using wireless adb using ³rd party app),then restart phone ,delete app data , i allowed all permissions PA equalizer app, & Make sure to allow the app to run in the background.

Redmi k40s with rooted stock rom 

15 minutes ago, koukei said:

Uhmm do you think this log provides enough information?

I have test this method several time and found this in my logcat service

Screenshot_2024-04-29-20-08-35-516_com.dp.logcatapp.png

1 hour ago, An 06 said:

Uhmm do you think this log provides enough information?

I have test this method several time and found this in my logcat service

Screenshot_2024-04-29-20-08-35-516_com.dp.logcatapp.png

Is there have any other audio service/dsp than PA equalizer? Like Xiaomi original, Xiaomi audio,music fx,etc

Maybe the process is colliding with another equalizer service / DSP service.Especially if it gets root rights. I don't know, just guessing because other audio services that get root rights definitely get priority first.   

When I turn on the audio service from the stock ROM it conflicts with the PA equalizer service.

Sometimes mix well, some time PA equalizer is not processed the audio, if that happens i will delete app data & relaunch app.

1 hour ago, koukei said:

Is there have any other audio service/dsp than PA equalizer? Like Xiaomi original, Xiaomi audio,music fx,etc

Maybe the process is colliding with another equalizer service / DSP service.Especially if it gets root rights. I don't know, just guessing because other audio services that get root rights definitely get priority first.   

When I turn on the audio service from the stock ROM it conflicts with the PA equalizer service.

Sometimes mix well, some time PA equalizer is not processed the audio, if that happens i will delete app data & relaunch app.

I disabled stock musicfx but somehow it still won't work

• 2 weeks later...

Okay after many days of trying to get around EQ working today I've found out you don't need to delete data atleast for me switching off and turning on enable player tracking made it work again for me I'll let you know if tomorrow it works out or not 

Yes it's working fine toggling tracking enabler switch or granting permission by clicking on notification listener permission and switching it off and turning on works atleast for me