Poweramp

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. andrewilley

Fine control over seek

The default (dynamic) seekbar allows seeking by a few seconds with small movements, but whole screen width can cover around 50% of a track. I thought it was a progressive scale the more you moved your finger, but you are right that it does seem to be a linear range. Andre
  4. andrewilley

Save as - queue

While you are viewing any Playlist in the library screen, tap the three-dots icon and then List Options and you can set both Per-List and Per-Track position saving. This setting is individual to each library category view, so if you change it for Playlists it won't affect Album, Folder, etc views. Andre
  5. blaubär

Fine control over seek

Then we've got a bug. Doesn't work for me. Samsung S7 Oreo build 823 Dark Skin Seekbar Style Default. EDIT : Or do we talk about different things ? With the default seekbar, if I move my finger 1 cm the seekbar moves 1 cm. Withe the rotary control the angle that the control turns depends on the angle the finger moves, and if the finger a specific angle far away it takes more distance for the finger. I thought that was what @gdeff meant.
  6. esedust

Save as - queue

Hello I use power amp to listen ppdcast, I have them ordered by folders or playlists. The problem is, when I change from one ppdcast program to another, I don't know how to resume the previous playlist because I don't know where I left listening that program. I think it could be nice adding a feature to the playlists to keep the position of last playback, by colouring listened items or something similar. This features are present in the queue so a solution could be adding the option to "save as" to the queue.
  7. andrewilley

Volume returns back to 0 when on Bluetooth

That person had issues with DVC/lowered gain levels on a Samsung 9.0 Pie device (which is covered in a number of threads, and is a Samsung ROM issue) and also the output device being misnamed. The mis-naming issue is a problem usually experienced when you are outputting using the experimental high-res audio feature (or possibly the increased step volume settings). Try turning both of those off (start with resetting Audio Output to defaults). They did not however experience the system volume level being set to zero when they start the app. A few other people have noted the zero-volume issue though, mostly described as happening when they try to adjust the volume and they find it jumps back to zero first. In your case, this is happening every time you start the app though, yes? It would be worth trying a clean start and see if the problem persists (uninstall the app and re-install, or clear data in Android app management. You might also try deleting the data folder /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ too between installs). If you have any PA playlists that you need to keep, please export them first though. Andre
  8. KOB

Same here with any device - Bluetooth, pl internal speaker etc. Start after last update to 823 My device- Galaxy S8 with android 9 (stock)
  9. atinp1116

Similar thing happened to this person. I need to prevent my device from detecting Poweramp audio as Cast and Bluetooth instead
  10. This is my first post and this has been pissing me off so much, I had to create an account. Everytime I am starting up the Poweramp app, my system volume is reset back to 0. I am using Bluetooth Taotronics BH-16 earbuds and Galaxy S9+ if that helps. Is this a bug or is there a hidden setting I need to check off? Thank you in advance.
  11. Device-Honor 8 Pro Android Version 9.0 based Emui 9.0.1 High res output was working before pie update thats in android oreo I was getting 32bit 192khz but now high res is only for bt or USB dac... Please fix it sir audio_policy_configuration.xml
  12. andrewilley

Add in support for srt files.

Technically .SRT is a captions/subtitles file, used for captioning video material, but you're right that it can also be used for audio-only files too. .LRC is more commonly used for song lyrics. Lyrics can also be embedded inside the ID3 tags of audio files (SYLT for synced text, USLT for simple longform text). Poweramp supports this form of lyric, but it cannot display the text dynamically in time with the music. Andre
  13. andrewilley

Fine control over seek

The dynamic seekbar that was introduced as the default in Poweramp v3 was developed to operate in a similar fashion. Small movements scrub forward or back by short distances, and the wider the finger movement, the larger/faster the seek distance. The alternative (static seekbar, like the v2 bar) is a more simple linear control from end to end (fully to the left moves to the start of the track, fully to the right moves to the end, and proportionally anywhere in between). Not so much help for precise navigation in longer tracks of course. I have both bars enabled on the same screen (this is a skinnable feature, see the Skins subforum) Andre
  14. Yesterday
  15. I would love to see support for srt files. They are lyric files that has time stamps according to the song. So when the artist says the lines the words comes up. This is the only feature i would like to see as this would make it the perfect app.
  16. VERY ODD, slightly annoying. CURRENT SPECS: Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+ Android 9 App version: v3-Build-823-play (full version) Nothing custom other than 128gb micro sd that my music lives on. ISSUE: Occasionally / inconsistently, after 10-16 hours of continuous use (no attached audio device, just using phone speakers) songs are still playing but audio has stopped. Media volume fine. Other apps with media create sound no problem. Close and open Poweramp, still no audio. Skip to next song, previous, different playlist, still no audio. If I pull the media back (like rewind for a few seconds), audio starts. 100% consistent fix for terribly occasional bug. Issue started when v3 came out. NOTE: Not really expecting a fix - just found it really .... odd. More of an FYI.
  17. Hi all, I'm using Poweramp on a PX5 type android headunit (Xtrons branded) and really need to find an answer to this issue as Poweramp has far and away the best interface for in-car use. I'm on V3 build 823 - full version installed on an Android 8.0 custom ROM. I'm using a 128gb micro SD card to store my mp3s which is almost full. The folder structure is Audio/Artists/Artist1/Album1 etc, etc with multiple artists and albums inside the relevant directory. If I add the Audio file as a whole to the library and then scan it will take around half an hour but then either find a few random tracks, or none at all. The only workaround i have found is to add them in batches (eg Artists A-C, then D-F, etc). Is this a bug with the scanner, am I simply overloading it? Many thanks for any help.
  18. gdeff

Fine control over seek

Oh, it can definitely work that way, if so designed. See the Audible app for an example of a linear seek with rate that slows as you move finger away from bar.
  19. NicoleS

Poweramp crashing with Android 9

Same problem... CURRENT SPECS: Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+ Android 9 App version: v3-Build-823-play (full version) Nothing custom other than 128gb micro sd that my music lives on. ISSUE: App stops and complains about being killed. (see mmhmmm.killed.jpg) Reasons this is likely incorrect: - Happens when phone is connected to charger and at 100% battery (I'm no expert, but Android app lifecycle should not end if there are plenty of resources from what I do know...) - This message is shown after it is re-launched for a SECOND time. ---- Ex: What? no music! Unlock phone. Poweramp says it was killed, and has re-launched automatically but is not playing. Click close button (see mmhmmm.killed.jpg). Poweramp IMMEDIATELY closes/crashes AGAIN, and GIVES SAME KILLED EXCUSE. - App settings are as generous as I can set them (see all.good.jpg) Even if my phone settings ARE the problem, would I have to turn off all battery saving options? I don't see how to add an exception like you suggested (see no.exceptions.jpg)
  20. andrewilley

v3 build 823 - High Battery Consumption

Yes, please, otherwise threads can get a bit muddled. The closing might (ironically) be caused by Android power-saving features being too aggressive. Andre
  21. Rizwan Tahir

High res output not working after pie update

Have done it.. Still it is the same
  22. blaubär

High res output not working after pie update

Try the "Restore Defaults" button.
  23. High res output stopped working for wired headset after I updated to pie.. Is it a problem with the player or the pie rom... Please fix it because that high res output was really the standout feature of our Poweramp.. My device is honor 8 pro
  24. NicoleS

@maxmp Thanks for that info. I've just now re-installed and will try with the Chromecast being disabled (I'll keep my fingers crossed too...). Should I post elsewhere about constant crashing/closing and notifications about the app being killed (even when charger is in and it's at 100% battery)? After re-installing I did make sure to set it so that the app can change system settings.
  25. PAfan

@maxmp, Point well taken. the excessive battery usage may be a combination of PA v3 in connection with something else &/or the interaction with the android OS. However, v3 is definitely involved one way or another. It should also be noted that I do not experience this poor battery performance with other top music players (e.g., Pi Music Player, BlackPlayer Music Player EX). Hopefully, resolution of this growing problem is nearby. FYI, my other specs... Wifi/ON, Google FI/LTE, BT/ON connected to OnePlus Bullets Wireless earbuds. P2XL, android 9
  26. maxmp

@NicoleSPoweramp v3 alone is not cause of your battery issue (see my posts above with the screenshots). Yes, there can be Google services associated issues, but Poweramp itself is the most optimized Android player out there, it's even able to be better than (stock player) "hardware" optimized playback on some devices (it's actually a specialized hexagon cpu inside SOC, so it's software too) on e.g. Qualcomm platform. Google services are disabled when Chromecast Button is disabled in Poweramp Look and Feel / Player UI settings. If you feel power usage is more than expected, please do a continuous playback and post your battery stats screenshot. Thanks!
  27. I would certainly expect to see a corresponding UP event at the end of a button press. The app that I use for the exact same purpose (headset cable track changing) shows button DOWN and then UP. Andre
  28. There are no ACTION_UP events, that might be the issue.
  1. Load more activity