• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    

40 posts in this topic

Hi,

Does Poweramp feature an A-B repeat function?

Support for A-B repeat in Poweramp would be awesome. The ability to mark a start and end point within the single song/audio file that is played for just that marked-in segment to play recursively would be great to use especially for playback of audio recordings but also for music

Additionally an ability to export/save the particular bookmark file (text )of the A-B repeat that is selected for.

Many of you might have used the feature on such players such as VLC

http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php ... 2&start=20

(It's in VLC 1.0+)

No, PowerAMP can't repeat part of song at this moment.

Thanks for the request.

Any further info from you Max on this? Consider it for 2.xx ??

Thank you, yes by "2.xx" I meant v2.1, v2.2 etc.. much thanks Max long live PA 8-)

Would be awesome if this could somehow be 'squeezed' right into the last thing todo for 2.0 release.

You see the A-B feature usually requires "a" and "b" buttons to mark in and mark out (look at VLC media player) - so what I suggest when preparing to implement this feature is to make another separate screen for it. Just like how EQ+Volume dials have their own screen, the A-B should have it's own screen too which would feature the basic playbar of the currently playing track, no album art, but large buttons for "A", "B" and "X" buttons (X for cancel).

Also the ability to export as many custom A-B repeats to a text file for later again uses (a button with a floppy disk logo). Export A-B's individually by track and by album.

my CD player has a nice feature I use a lot when reviewing music and need to repeat 2 bars over and over again.

ONE button to mark the beginning "A". Press again to mark the end "B" and loop between A and B until a 3rd time pressed.

Yes,

I already previously a while back requested A-B Repeat support for Poweramp:

A repeat mode where you set the in and out points within one track, and it keeps playing that section.

Andre

I requested this same feature 2 years ago lol :) And at that time Max said that it should make v2.1 release.

Here is that original A-B repeat request topic:

This feature was available in several samsung phones like the Z240 from 2008...Very useful!

This feature was available in several samsung phones like the Z240 from 2008...Very useful!

It was available on my very first CD player back in... oh, the mid 80s?

Andre

Why is this such an important feature to people? I've never used it on any CD players that had it!

Why is this such an important feature to people? I've never used it on any CD players that had it!

Nor me, I've actually often wondered what it could be useful for. It's got to be a trivial bit of code, but I can't for the life of me think why I'd want to repeat some random bit of one song which could only be relatively coarsely selected anyway.

Andre

A-B Repeat works nicely in VLC Media Player on Windows...It would be nice to have in Poweramp

Nor me, I've actually often wondered what it could be useful for. It's got to be a trivial bit of code, but I can't for the life of me think why I'd want to repeat some random bit of one song which could only be relatively coarsely selected anyway.

Andre

It's useful for "1" track digital albums (where the album is one big file without chapters/bookmarks), Podcasts (especially in the .mp3 format), and singular songs (there are parts of a song that you just want to hear without having to manually rewind or fast forward to get to that part(s)).

It would be great if not only A-B repeat could be built-in - BUT ALSO the ability to bookmark the selection and store them (there's already an app that does this - BUT THAT APP is no where near the capability & functionality of Poweramp (though I don't think it's intended to be anyway).

Thanks for the details, haddy, it will be useful.

You can also take a look at an android application called (ironically) A-B Audio Repeat. It would help provide an idea of how this function is being used (but I'm sure that Poweramp would do a much better job with it as Poweramp is a MUCH BETTER app than that app.

Or perhaps A-B repeast should be a separate plugin that max could release?