Multi-disc album folders

gregt3

I am downloading songs from the same album /cd but they all show up individually under their own cover art, is there a way to group all of those songs from the same cd under the same cd title/heading /coverart ?

Hello,

I've a lot of multi-disc albums and when I add them on Poweramp, I just see "Disc 1" and "Disc 2", not the album title... When you've a lot of album like this it's disturbing...

I would like to know if one day Poweramp will be able to manage multi-disc folders ?

Thank you for your answer :)

Can you please send me example of such file (one file from that collection is enough)?

The library album sorting depends on album tag OR on folder. If there is album tag - it will be used. If it's "Disc 1", then "Disc 1" will be shown as album.

If there is no album tag, the folder of song is used as album (by android media scanner/library - PowerAMP just uses it as is).

So, correctness of album sorting purely depends on quality and correctness of tags in the songs.

This is why many like Folders more as folders are usually already well structured, even if tags are messed.

Thanks!

I would like display multi-disc album as one

here is my folder structures

\album artist - album title\CD1\

\album artist - album title\CD2\

Currently power amp display as two album cover art in library or folder list

Don't think this is possible. How about this structure:

\music\album artist\album1\

\music\album artist\album2\

Do I want album1 and album2 to be displayed as ONE album? I don't think so. How can Poweramp know that "album1" doesn't mean "CD1" in some language (if you rely on hardcoded "CD" or "Disk" as possible tokens to join albums)?

Hello,

thank you for your answer,

Here is a tipical example from my library :

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Flac OST

My folders are like this :

FINAL FANTASY VII Advent Children\Disc 1\

FINAL FANTASY VII Advent Children\Disc 2\

My files are correctly tagged (by myself)

The tag "Discnumber" for each tracks is like this : "1/2" for Disc 1 and "2/2" for Disc 2

On Poweramp I just have 2 differents albums named "Disc 1" and "Disc 2". I would like 1 ablum with the correct name, and the 2 discs tracks inside.

Thank you :)

• 2 months later...

Reviving this topic as I've started experimenting with various aspects of Poweramp before I purchase. I'm looking at various ways to transcode my music collection from FLAC to m4a using a supportable folder structure. Will use dBpoweramp Batch Converter to do the transcoding, which gives me a couple of options:

1) Like other posters above have, the most natural way is organizing according to artist/album/tracknum-trackname. In the case of multidisc albums, dBpoweramp can automatically create an artist/album/disc/tracknum-trackname structure, which can be helpful in case I need to re-rip a particular CD. dBpoweramp detects multidisc albums by reading the DISCNUMBER tag; if there is an xx/xx set of numbers there, it registers as multidisc.

2) Alternatively, I think it would be possible to set variables such that multidisc albums are put in artist/album/tracknum-trackname format, where the tracknum is a concatenation of discnumber-tracknum (so that the first song on the second disc of an album is numbered 201). Now the original tracknum tag will not be rewritten (nor should it be), so my hunch is that Poweramp will not handle that correctly from a library read, and the first tracks from both discs of a multidisc album will be played one after the other.

Anyhow, I copied a set of tracks from a multidisc album to my phone. The critical tags are Album (the same across all tracks from both discs), Discnumber (e.g., 1/2, 2/2), and Track (e.g., 1, 2, etc.). When I go into Library in Poweramp, I can drill down into the Artist, and I see two instances of the album (same name), one of which is Disc 1 and the other Disc 2.

What I think SHOULD happen is that a multidisc album is displayed as a single album, but the ordering of the tracks therein should proceed from those on disc 1 to disc 2. This would provide the best playback experience for that album. Is this something that can be built into Poweramp, assuming proper track tagging?

Thanks!

I have mine set the same as Genki:

Artist\Album\Disc

Opeth\Blackwater Park\Disc 1

Opeth\Blackwater Park\Disc 2

Some sort of split tree view might be a good solution. Could be complicated though, so I'm not in a huge hurry to see this, but it would certainly be nice. :)

• 6 months later...

I have mine set the same as Genki:

Artist\Album\Disc

Opeth\Blackwater Park\Disc 1

Opeth\Blackwater Park\Disc 2

Some sort of split tree view might be a good solution. Could be complicated though, so I'm not in a huge hurry to see this, but it would certainly be nice. :)

Mine is similar to this.

Mine is

{Album Name}/Disc 1/{Files}

{Album Name}/Disc 2/{Files}

Or:

{Album Name}/Disc 01/{Files}

{Album Name}/Disc 02/{Files}

{Album Name}/Disc 03/{Files}

{Album Name}/Disc 04/{Files}

Or even:

{Album Name}/Disc #1/{Files}

{Album Name}/Disc #2/{Files}

But I have not yet tested Multi-Disc albums n PowerMP as yet so I dont know if support for them and folder structures was implemented/enhanced.

• 1 year later...

1+ for Multi-disc album folders.

My album structure looks like this:

{Album Name}\Disc 1\{Files}

{Album Name}\Disc 2\{Files}

At the moment the only accepltable way to use Poweramp with Multi-Disc albums is to add steps of 100 to the track-numbers. Would be nice if Poweramp would considers the folder logic or maybe even better the %discnumber% tag, which is built like this logic by usual ripping tools: 1/3, 2/3, 3/3...

• 5 years later...
  • 5 months later...

If you have the different CDs in their own sub folders, update the file tags so they all have exactly the same Album Name tag but with the respective Discnumber tag, then Power Amp will merge the album in the interface and order the tracks starting with the second disc after the first.
It worked for me.

3 hours ago, Pobotrol said:

If you have the different CDs in their own sub folders, update the file tags so they all have exactly the same Album Name tag but with the respective Discnumber tag, then Power Amp will merge the album in the interface and order the tracks starting with the second disc after the first.
It worked for me.

I agree with this, having all the files tagged with the same name of album will allow you to see all the files as one album

Also, note if you use CUE based albums, because they don't support the Disc Number tag, you need to select "by filename" in the list options so that the tracks are in correct order.

I place the discs in the same folder, and label them ending with their CD:

58040ab36ff1f_filelist.png.f47a2edaa1e594d961265cfd7e2e1d85.png

Archived