Jump to content

Poweramp alpha-build-703/704


Recommended Posts

Any chance AGC could be added to Poweramp? It helps with libraries of files that have different levels.

Also, will there ever be a parametric EQ option? Really only need 4 or 5 bands that way, depending on how wide the slope is.

Enjoying alpha 704 on my ZTE Axon 7. Hi res option works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, soundworld said:

I'm getting "Decoder timed out" occasionally. What does that mean? Usually when I seek or skip track, but it did happen all by itself once.

Also, has anyone noticed issues with headset button controls on android 6?

Try using an alternative output method in Settings > Audio > Output if you are getting errors from the default, increasing buffer size might help too.

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2017 at 1:38 PM, Robbo said:

Any chance AGC could be added to Poweramp? It helps with libraries of files that have different levels.

Also, will there ever be a parametric EQ option? Really only need 4 or 5 bands that way, depending on how wide the slope is.

Enjoying alpha 704 on my ZTE Axon 7. Hi res option works.

How did you get 704a? Have a Axon on order so good to know,thx

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a weird issue with V3. I have a S8 and use a USB-C to HDMI adapter. If I have Poweramp open when I disconnect HDMI, it resets my playlist. For instance, if I have all tracks being shuffled and on song 400, it will reset the counter to 1. The track itself stays where it is at. Doesn't happen with the old version. Any ideas what would cause that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grendel905 said:

I have a weird issue with V3. I have a S8 and use a USB-C to HDMI adapter. If I have Poweramp open when I disconnect HDMI, it resets my playlist. For instance, if I have all tracks being shuffled and on song 400, it will reset the counter to 1. The track itself stays where it is at. Doesn't happen with the old version. Any ideas what would cause that?

It's probably something in the OS if triggering a rescan, which can have the knock-on effect of reshuffling the current randomised list. I doubt you would see it if playing a list (Album, folder, playlist, etc) in regular order.

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 6:54 AM, Reading1800 said:

How did you get 704a? Have a Axon on order so good to know,thx

As long as you're logged in here you can go to downloads and get 704a.

I recommend a high quality headphone or buds. The Axon 7 sounds very good!

There may be an issue with hi res on axon 7. Had a fail error yesterday. Could be that the file I tried was too high a rate or exceeded what the phone can do or something but haven't explored that yet.

Have to keep dolby atmos off for it to work too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I purchased Poweramp almost immediately after trying it because I loved it and I still love it. Some time ago although I don't remember how, I think I agreed to become a Beta tester and now using alpha build 703/704. I don't seem to be able to go back.

To avoid having a near endless list of artists to browse or search through, I like to browse by Album Artist. And to make this work, always use both Album Artist AND Artist fields for ALL albums when tagging music files. Where an album such as a compilation or soundtrack has more than one artist, I assign 'Various Artists' to the 'Album Artist' field for all tracks and the actual artist name to the Artist field.

But for some reason unknown to me, albums with Various Artists assigned to Album Artists display the correct album cover under 'Folder', 'Artist' and 'Album' views, and then also in 'Player' view but then either not at all, or one other than the embedded or downloaded image in 'Album Artist' view.

But then and regardless what I try, one soundtrack and/or compilation album always seem(s) to display the correct album art under Various Artists, but most don't.

Anybody?

 

 

 

 

Edited by dav1129
improve clarity
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2017 at 7:37 PM, andrewilley said:

It's probably something in the OS if triggering a rescan, which can have the knock-on effect of reshuffling the current randomised list. I doubt you would see it if playing a list (Album, folder, playlist, etc) in regular order.

Andre

Thanks Andre! You mentioning rescan pointed me in the right direction. I started messing with the rescan options and it stopped. Not sure which one did it but I'm happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

V4A related problem: Player Pro and V4A work together without a problem. The driver status shows V4A is processing - ditto for changing settings. Poweramp doesn't trigger V4A. The driver status shows V4A isn't processing. Changing compatibility breaks V4A on my device. 

Nexus 7 2013 WiFi - rooted stock 6.0.1

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2017 at 9:03 PM, drache said:

I tried the latest alpha (704-uni) on a Galaxy S7 (CDMA, Snapdragon) running Android 7. The experimental Hi-Res audio works well. Enough to where I just bought the app because the built in player is garbage and this is great!

I found one strange thing: I got the phone into a state where by plugging in headphones with Hi-Res audio selected audio would switch to the phone loud speaker. I played with settings but a reboot was required to fix it. If I can replicate the issue again I'll update on how I did it.

Thank you!

~Me

Note 8 - VZW, same issue. Build 704.

It's with bluetooth headphones and speakers. I can't tell if it's how it connects or the devices. I am paring with both a Beats Solo 3 and the UE BOOM. The Beats I can get to play through the headphones if I toggle the Hi-Res audio or restart the phone, but after a while of not being used it'll default to the main phone speaker again. The BOOM I have never been able to play, it always defaults to the phone's speaker while Hi-Res is on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 4:53 PM, RBEmerson said:

V4A related problem: Player Pro and V4A work together without a problem. The driver status shows V4A is processing - ditto for changing settings. Poweramp doesn't trigger V4A. The driver status shows V4A isn't processing. Changing compatibility breaks V4A on my device. 

Nexus 7 2013 WiFi - rooted stock 6.0.1  

BUMP

The problem remains. About shows "alpha-build-703-play (full version)" - no update or build date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.11.2017 at 6:53 PM, RBEmerson said:

V4A related problem: Player Pro and V4A work together without a problem. The driver status shows V4A is processing - ditto for changing settings. Poweramp doesn't trigger V4A. The driver status shows V4A isn't processing. Changing compatibility breaks V4A on my device. 

Nexus 7 2013 WiFi - rooted stock 6.0.1

FX compatible mode = compatible

MusicFX = true

For me all work with this settings.

Using this V4A https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=27859&task=get

Screenshot_20171227-175856.png

Screenshot_20171227-180101.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • maxmp unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • maxmp locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...