Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since v3 will no longer be supported below Android v5.x, I'm going to revert back to PA v2.  But before I do, is there a way to restore EQ presets from v3 to v2?  I looked into the last.Poweramp-settings file in /sdcard/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer, and it's all encoded gibberish; I guess I was hoping for XML or text INI format.

1 hour ago, DevilSlayerDante said:

Since v3 will no longer be supported below Android v5.x, I'm going to revert back to PA v2.  But before I do, is there a way to restore EQ presets from v3 to v2?

EQ presets are meant to be exported with the native Poweramp Export Settings feature, so give that a try. 

Andre

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this how album list is going to be working from now on? 

What I mean is that previously on the v2 stable and with other players on my Android phone or windows pc albums with multiple artists like movie or game soundtracks would only show like this. 

The terminator osd - multiple artists

And it would contain all the tracks in the album.

But with the alpha version I would get something like this 

The terminator osd - artist number 1

The terminator osd - artist number 2

And so on as many times as there is artists on the album. 

Off course that artists number... part would contain actual artists name, this was just a quick example of what it does with albums which contains multiple artists. 

With one or two albums that would be somewhat acceptable and I can also see that it could be useful as a option to have. 

But imagine what it would look and how messy it would get if you got say 15 different soundtracks and each had 3-6 different artists. 

Or even worse if it was something like "90's best hit songs" type of album that contains 30 tracks from 30 different artists, then add few more albums like that and no one can find anything from that mess. 

And don't forget the fact that there already is that artist view that does this same thing already, so why mess up the albums view like that. 

Other than that it has been working just fine, however with this mess of a album view my testing has been rather limited. 

Poweramp alpha albums view bug https://imgur.com/a/AaNYR

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AtsuyaXS said:

In alpha, how can I add more .milk presets besides those already in the app?

Download and copy your new .milk files to the folder /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/

You may then need to rescan presets' from the Visualization settings menu.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Camzo said:

Does anyone else have issues with scrobbling on 703/4? Mine seems to scrobble entirely different songs to what I'm listening to for some reason.

How are you scrobbling? Internal support in the alpha builds has been acknowledged as not working properly as far as I know. I turned internal support off and used the Simple.Last.FM app which seemed to do the job.

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

How are you scrobbling? Internal support in the alpha builds has been acknowledged as not working properly as far as I know. I turned internal support off and used the Last.FM app which seemed to do the job.

Andre

I've been using simple last.fm scrobbler so I guess that's why it isn't working.

16 minutes ago, Camzo said:

I've been using simple last.fm scrobbler so I guess that's why it isn't working.

I've just tested it again and see the same as you. Strange, it worked fine before I upgraded my device from Android KitKat to Marshmallow (I hadn't turned it back on again since then).

Andre

Would like to see an option to selct api for high res output. Since i have installed ainur audio mod, had to go back to 702 build. In 703 and 704 it only had lenovo hifi path and would not allow to disable dvc which made everything distort even with limiter. On 702 there are no issues and having selected the snapdragon 24bit pcm output api without dvc sound is stunning, also it is using the sabre dac this way.

• 2 weeks later...

So I recently uninstalled from the beta and just manually downloaded the 704 build for my Nougat Samsung S7 Edge (Snapdragon) and selected Hi-Res Output.

I took a screenshot of my settings and it was "DVC 24BIT/48K HDS LMT" but now it only shows "DVC 16BIT/48K OTH LMT". I was wondering why this was changed. I did select 192 for the Wired Headset/AUX but the OpenSL shows 'Active' even if I selected the Hi-Res as seen in the screenshot below.

oldnew.thumb.PNG.abf11768a8f0703148a03f2470d85b98.PNG

Active.thumb.png.abaff782ab98d33ca8b4cbb7866e4ccb.png

16 hours ago, brandonluciano824 said:

So I recently uninstalled from the beta and just manually downloaded the 704 build for my Nougat Samsung S7 Edge (Snapdragon) and selected Hi-Res Output.

I took a screenshot of my settings and it was "DVC 24BIT/48K HDS LMT" but now it only shows "DVC 16BIT/48K OTH LMT". I was wondering why this was changed. I did select 192 for the Wired Headset/AUX but the OpenSL shows 'Active' even if I selected the Hi-Res as seen in the screenshot below.

Has anything else changed on your device in the meantime (new OS version for example)?

Andre

On 10/27/2017 at 3:55 AM, andrewilley said:

Has anything else changed on your device in the meantime (new OS version for example)?

Andre

Hmm. Today it seems, automatically my Poweramp is using Hi-Res Output now. It now shows DVC 24Bit/192K HDS LMT which is great.

I suspect it's because my phone was restarted due to my battery dying (I hardly ever let that happen) which resolved the issues. 

A simple restart does fix a lot of issues lol

Hi all! 

First of all, great work and I can't wait for the official release of v3!

I'm wondering if anyone has happened to get the DAC in the LG V30 to work while using Poweramp, as I've tried both 703(play) and 704(uni) versions and toggling on and off the DAC does not alter the sound.

Thanks!

Archived